• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drink driving

In Australia (or at least WA) you can get an 'E' plate whereby you lose your licence but if you need it for work you are allowed to drive within a certain time period so can still work.

I don’t, it should be relative to what you earn. I don’t agree with 20 months but then again I think he should be banned for life. If you’re caught that much over the limit you shouldn’t be allowed to be in control of a vehicle ever again. He has ‘mental health’ issues what’s to say he won’t do it again.

Have to disagree, if you are a lazy good for nothing who earns nothing, but lives on handouts, what do you do then?
One fine ,one sentence regardless of wealth and status

I agree harsher bans are needed and if violated then stronger jail terms, not in a soft prison

Re mental issues, unless you suffer then its hard to comment, no one knows the exact state of mind he is in, but with the right help and he will be able to afford the best, I hope he is on the path to recovery, my fear as a person who has suffered mental health issues for many years and just come to terms with "The Black Dog" is he doesnot flip and do something far worse, and then read the bull cannot understand why, he had the money and life style we would all want.
At this moment he is no different to the ordinary person in the street, regardless of his wealth or media status , his family and true friends will need to be his rock
UTS

Have to disagree, if you are a lazy good for nothing who earns nothing, but lives on handouts, what do you do then?
One fine ,one sentence regardless of wealth and status

I agree harsher bans are needed and if violated then stronger jail terms, not in a soft prison

Re mental issues, unless you suffer then its hard to comment, no one knows the exact state of mind he is in, but with the right help and he will be able to afford the best, I hope he is on the path to recovery, my fear as a person who has suffered mental health issues for many years and just come to terms with "The Black Dog" is he doesnot flip and do something far worse, and then read the bull cannot understand why, he had the money and life style we would all want.
At this moment he is no different to the ordinary person in the street, regardless of his wealth or media status , his family and true friends will need to be his rock
UTS

Being in the armed forces I earn nowhere near what that **** earns. What he earns in a year I won’t earn in a lifetime am I not hard working? Yes I ****ing am and I definitely wouldn’t ever jump into a car three times over the limit. Why should I pay the same fine as him when if everyone paid a flat rate of let’s say £1000. That’s pocket change for him but losing that would destroy me. So I get punished badly for drink driving but he gets a fine that he wouldn’t even notice in his bank account. I’m sorry but how is that fair?

And as for his family being his rock, the two people he had in his car didn’t stop him getting behind the wheel 3 times over the limit!

And as for his family being his rock, the two people he had in his car didn’t stop him getting behind the wheel 3 times over the limit!

They had no idea, hence he was drinking on the sly - one of the telltale signs of someone with addiction problems.

They had no idea, hence he was drinking on the sly - one of the telltale signs of someone with addiction problems.

Had no idea? He was 3 times over the limit they should’ve been able to smell it on him!

Had no idea? He was 3 times over the limit they should’ve been able to smell it on him!

Well, I can only go on what was said in court. It's highly unlikely that his mother would have let him drive, knowing he was drunk and knowing he'd had addiction issues.

I don't see the issue, couldn't you just fine them based on how much they get paid in benefits a week? Failing that just set the fine to either be £500 (or whatever would be a sensible amount) or 1 week's wages, with the larger of the two values being the fine.

Your unerring loyalty to this criminal is quite remarkable.

No, it's about being able to forgive, and understanding that people make mistakes. And that people suffering a mental illness or condition often are the poorest people at making good judgement calls. I'm awaiting confirmation of the rumours surrounding Dale Winton's sad death to that effect.

You’d smell it on someone if they were over the limit, twice or three times is irrespective. And someone getting a bit of extra money off the sun to tell their story... shocker!

I stand by my original belief that this was the effect of a binge session the previous evening, so the alcohol wouldn't smell in the way it would if it was fresh.

We sat with the father of one of the young men injured in the Canvey incident at the Sponsors' dinner the other night. He was a lot less vindictive in his feelings to the perpetrator of that terrible accident than some of you are towards Ant.

Pray God you or your loved ones, never have to endure a mental illness of any kind.

No, it's about being able to forgive, and understanding that people make mistakes. And that people suffering a mental illness or condition often are the poorest people at making good judgement calls. I'm awaiting confirmation of the rumours surrounding Dale Winton's sad death to that effect.

We sat with the father of one of the young men injured in the Canvey incident at the Sponsors' dinner the other night. He was a lot less vindictive in his feelings to the perpetrator of that terrible accident than some of you are towards Ant.

Pray God you or your loved ones, never have to endure a mental illness of any kind.

Stop turning it into being about mental illness. It’s not about his mental state is about the fact he got behind the wheel of a motor vehicle 2 times over the limit with people in the car. Mental illness or not that not an acceptable thing to do nor will it ever be!

You say you hate boxing and everything to do with it. If Tyson Fury had the same mental health issues as Ant does (although he has suffered from depression in the past) jumped into a car with two passengers twice over the drink drive limit and crashed injuring a young girl would you be defending him? Absolutely not! You are like this because you have a personal relationship with him.

Depends totally on the circumstances. This has nothing to do with the fact that I have met the both of them frequently in the past, if I believe someone deserves a second chance then I will give it to them. I think you might find the thread starter might agree with me on that!

Depends totally on the circumstances. This has nothing to do with the fact that I have met the both of them frequently in the past, if I believe someone deserves a second chance then I will give it to them. I think you might find the thread starter might agree with me on that!

I did find that ironic.

Being in the armed forces I earn nowhere near what that **** earns. What he earns in a year I won’t earn in a lifetime am I not hard working? Yes I ****ing am and I definitely wouldn’t ever jump into a car three times over the limit. Why should I pay the same fine as him when if everyone paid a flat rate of let’s say £1000. That’s pocket change for him but losing that would destroy me. So I get punished badly for drink driving but he gets a fine that he wouldn’t even notice in his bank account. I’m sorry but how is that fair?

End of the day D/D is wrong and the punishment should merit the same to all not just a few, regardless of wealth status.

Back