• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drink driving

I pulled a bloke out of his car which was on its side in a ditch in Canewdon last weekend, and his 13 year old daughter.

He refused to give a sample , was cuffed and a good while later blew 90 at the station (35 limit)

He got a two year ban , a fine and community service

Ant has already scuttled back to rehab......

If ITV comedown on him he could be an outside bet for the 2019 deadpool.....

I pulled a bloke out of his car which was on its side in a ditch in Canewdon last weekend, and his 13 year old daughter.

He refused to give a sample , was cuffed and a good while later blew 90 at the station (35 limit)

He got a two year ban , a fine and community service

Ant has already scuttled back to rehab......

If ITV comedown on him he could be an outside bet for the 2019 deadpool.....

I bet the fine was relatively small, from what I've seen on TV.

Don’t care if he is a nice guy, he is now on my **** list. Hope karma hits him hard. Drink driving is a terrible thing and even worse when people actually get hurt!

I cannot say he was right to get behind the wheel if he was over the limit, but who is to say he knew he was over the limit? The man is still suffering from addiction to pain killers, he has a genuine injury/condition which still requires pain management. Just perhaps he had had a few the night before and didn't realise he was over the limit, or perhaps he had had one or two which, when mixed with his medication, impaired his judgement. Whatever, you would imagine that his mother would have realised he shouldn't be driving.

He's one of "my boys" and yes, I get protective. He's had a really awful year - Ricey, I think his "karma" as you put it, probably reached him first. You have to wonder at the ability to continue to keep such a happy and upbeat persona in front of the cameras. There's no doubting that the mental health issues are still there, and just maybe, trying to continue the normal routine of IACGMOOH followed so quickly by Takeaway was just too much too soon. Maybe the idea was to keep him busy, whatever it was, it hasn't worked and the fact he's headed back to rehab seems to confirm that there is still a major problem.

I am thankful the incident wasn't worse and that the others involved were, apparently, only hospitalised on precautionary terms. I wish Ant all the very best and the support of those who love him and the trailer trash newspapers to leave him be. I do however, think the laws in this country surrounding drinking and driving need changing though so there can be no confusion - zero tolerance, do not drink and drive, simple.

I cannot say he was right to get behind the wheel if he was over the limit, but who is to say he knew he was over the limit? The man is still suffering from addiction to pain killers, he has a genuine injury/condition which still requires pain management. Just perhaps he had had a few the night before and didn't realise he was over the limit, or perhaps he had had one or two which, when mixed with his medication, impaired his judgement. Whatever, you would imagine that his mother would have realised he shouldn't be driving.

He's one of "my boys" and yes, I get protective. He's had a really awful year - Ricey, I think his "karma" as you put it, probably reached him first. You have to wonder at the ability to continue to keep such a happy and upbeat persona in front of the cameras. There's no doubting that the mental health issues are still there, and just maybe, trying to continue the normal routine of IACGMOOH followed so quickly by Takeaway was just too much too soon. Maybe the idea was to keep him busy, whatever it was, it hasn't worked and the fact he's headed back to rehab seems to confirm that there is still a major problem.

I am thankful the incident wasn't worse and that the others involved were, apparently, only hospitalised on precautionary terms. I wish Ant all the very best and the support of those who love him and the trailer trash newspapers to leave him be. I do however, think the laws in this country surrounding drinking and driving need changing though so there can be no confusion - zero tolerance, do not drink and drive, simple.

Excellent post OBL, excellent.

However, you failed to point out his massive forehead, which I am sure has become sentient and may be the cause of all this trouble.

Toodle Pip!

This is more than an addiction to pain killers

I think he has mental health issues now, which gets lost in the media who love to build up celebs and knock them down.
With his divorce being a major part of his life, fame ,money is no good if he has not got his happiness or his family

Wrong in every way the DD and thankfully no one was seriously hurt, but he has to get help otherwise as above Deadpool 2019 could have its first member

Think its funny when people write or post headlines, they seem to enjoy others misery, forgetting their past or maybe they donot and pretend its made them a better person. Media has a lot to answer for nowadays

Hope the guy gets help, he has the money to do so, just hope he has real friends and close family, because at this time it what he needs more than anything

Can't stand Ant and Dec, really can't see the appeal at all. I'll be consistent with my opinion on drink driving though, just like I was with Luke McCormick. Yes it should be punished but these guys do not go out with the intent to hurt or kill anyone, I don't think somebody in this position should be condemned their whole life (maybe for his "comedy" but not for this). Should be punished and once that is served, should be allowed to get on with his life.

This is more than an addiction to pain killers

I think he has mental health issues now, which gets lost in the media who love to build up celebs and knock them down.
With his divorce being a major part of his life, fame ,money is no good if he has not got his happiness or his family

Wrong in every way the DD and thankfully no one was seriously hurt, but he has to get help otherwise as above Deadpool 2019 could have its first member

Think its funny when people write or post headlines, they seem to enjoy others misery, forgetting their past or maybe they donot and pretend its made them a better person. Media has a lot to answer for nowadays

Hope the guy gets help, he has the money to do so, just hope he has real friends and close family, because at this time it what he needs more than anything

Maybe The Sun and TrueBlue were thinking that **** could of killed someone.:angry:

Can't stand Ant and Dec, really can't see the appeal at all. I'll be consistent with my opinion on drink driving though, just like I was with Luke McCormick. Yes it should be punished but these guys do not go out with the intent to hurt or kill anyone, I don't think somebody in this position should be condemned their whole life (maybe for his "comedy" but not for this). Should be punished and once that is served, should be allowed to get on with his life.

In the US they have quite a cavalier attitude to drink driving.

My colleague drank six bottles of 5% beer at a meal after work and drove home.

A lot of people not necessarily so-called ‘celebrities’ have to deal with such life problems without the help of being financially well-off (extremely handy when seeking immediate treatment) and just have to get on with life. I do not see why anyone gives this particular person time of day. What is supposedly so special about the bloke that he’s more deserving of help and sympathy than others?

Drink driving can kill or maim, there’s no excuse whatsoever for that whatever the status of the person behind the wheel!

I have no doubt many people here have driven the day after a massive session whilst still over the limit.

Despite all the campaigns and warnings over the decades the figures for people who are 3 times plus the drink drive limit have never gone down. In fact now the roads are policed by cameras they are going up. Those are the people who kill when the get behind the wheel not people who have had 2 pints. So lowering the limit to zero would have no effect on safety or anyone who drives that smashed under the current rules.

Speed, aggressive driving and now using the phone have always killed more people than drink.

I have no doubt many people here have driven the day after a massive session whilst still over the limit.

Exactly my point, I would suggest that the majority of people have no idea how long it takes the body levels to get back to normal after a Friday or Saturday night binge.

Maybe The Sun and TrueBlue were thinking that **** could of killed someone.:angry:

I think you and I both know TB came here looking for my reaction!

I think there are probably very few of us who can say they have never EVER driven with no trace of alcohol, as above, many probably do so quite happily the morning after a heavy session without any problem or hint of being impaired.

Education is the thing, recovery times should be part of the driving test theory.

Exactly my point, I would suggest that the majority of people have no idea how long it takes the body levels to get back to normal after a Friday or Saturday night binge.

Well don’t risk or make unnecessary journeys if that’s the case. Or if you know you have to drive the next day stop drinking at a reasonable time. You’re not only risking people’s lives by driving whilst under the influence the affect it has on your own life can be detrimental. If your husband got caught that’s his job and livelihood down the pan.

And if you love a drink that much and need to drive there are plenty of breathalysers you can buy on the market. There is simply no excuse for driving under the influence, period!

Well don’t risk or make unnecessary journeys if that’s the case. Or if you know you have to drive the next day stop drinking at a reasonable time. You’re not only risking people’s lives by driving whilst under the influence the affect it has on your own life can be detrimental. If your husband got caught that’s his job and livelihood down the pan.

And if you love a drink that much and need to drive there are plenty of breathalysers you can buy on the market. There is simply no excuse for driving under the influence, period!

Calm down! My point is that people just don't KNOW how long it takes for the body to be free of alcohol, I'm not saying any of us have done so intentionally! My husband never does it, he barely drinks anyway these days - even on the occasions when he went with the boys on a Butlins bender, he'd have a session on the Friday night then just a couple of drinks on the Saturday so he'd be ok to drive Sunday. There are very many people who have no clue that they're still over the limit the next day.

In the US they have quite a cavalier attitude to drink driving.

My colleague drank six bottles of 5% beer at a meal after work and drove home.

Same in Australia, a lot of guys would have beers watching the football then jump in their yute and drive home. Nobody would drink drive in the city but out in the suburbs and especially the country people drink drive all the time

Same in Australia, a lot of guys would have beers watching the football then jump in their yute and drive home. Nobody would drink drive in the city but out in the suburbs and especially the country people drink drive all the time

Interesting website: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.sdg.3-5-viz?lang=en

In that part of the world, only Korea (South I'd imagine) is worse for Drink Driving than Australia. Though if you check Europe, we're hardly golden ourselves.

Back