• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drink driving

Tony Adams crashed his car whilst DD and got the celebrity treatment....3 months prison.

Don't want this to run on and on but surely his very public issues with drink and drugs and rehabilitation could have been hugely played upon, despite him being bang to rights as you rightly point out. His total acceptance and apparent contrition is laudable in my book. Depends on your take on life I suppose. I prefer to think positively of his stance rather than plain cynical.

...and who fed the media regarding his drink, drugs and rehab issues? Surely not his publicity team.....or did the media just take a wild guess...hmmm. Yep, admit I'm very cynical.

Fair play to him for holding his hands up so publicly. He knows he's done wrong and he knows he's let a lot of people down.

I thought £86000 was a bit steep regardless of his wealth.

I don’t, it should be relative to what you earn. I don’t agree with 20 months but then again I think he should be banned for life. If you’re caught that much over the limit you shouldn’t be allowed to be in control of a vehicle ever again. He has ‘mental health’ issues what’s to say he won’t do it again.

I don’t, it should be relative to what you earn. I don’t agree with 20 months but then again I think he should be banned for life. If you’re caught that much over the limit you shouldn’t be allowed to be in control of a vehicle ever again. He has ‘mental health’ issues what’s to say he won’t do it again.

Nothing to say he wont do it again. I just thought £86000 was a bit steep.

Sorry.

Maybe but look at Ricey's link. Talk about one extreme to another.

True but a fine is meant to punish you financially. £86,000 won't hurt the loveable little chipmunk but we all know that female TV presenters earn barely above minimum wage

I'm never really sure why bans for drink/dangerous/reckless driving aren't far more severe. Driving is a privilege, not a right - mess up and you should lose your licence for a really long time.

Three times over the limit - no driving for ten years. Need to drive for your job? Unlucky pal.

I'm never really sure why bans for drink/dangerous/reckless driving aren't far more severe. Driving is a privilege, not a right - mess up and you should lose your licence for a really long time.

Three times over the limit - no driving for ten years. Need to drive for your job? Unlucky pal.

Couldn’t agree more, unfortunately there seems to be no precedence set for it and I suppose it depends on the judge sentencing them at the time.

An extrajudicial punishment beating would have drawn a line underneath this for me.

I don't understand why this isn't the norm.
Bring back the stocks, bring back the birch, public flogging and workhouses. If some toerag oik gets caught drink driving, surely a damn good shoeing is the only feasible punishment.
Of course, when I get stopped after ploughing through a crowd of infant school toddlers, being ripped to my fr*gging t*ts, that's different. It's just high jinks.

Back