• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Seems so, according to a report in The Times today. Alas it is behind a paywall so I can't dig any further...

It would be a very worthy thing, but do we need SCP distracted at this time?

According to the article - a mate has sent me a screen shot - Powell would be brought in after the World Cup.

Of course, as he doesn't manage a PL or Championship side (yet!) Powell won't be free during the international breaks so his involvement would have to be limited to to the occasional training session. But our manager having regular access to an environment where the country's best players are all in one place must surely be a positive.

Of course, as he doesn't manage a PL or Championship side (yet!) Powell won't be free during the international breaks so his involvement would have to be limited to to the occasional training session. But our manager having regular access to an environment where the country's best players are all in one place must surely be a positive.
my initial reaction on reading the first post as that Phil Brown got a lot of flak for his media work; however on further reading, it looks as if it won't be to SUFC's detriment.

I think it's always worth bearing in mind, as it was when PB was away, that this is one of the advantages of having a team of assistants, as well, who continue to take training and the like, if SCP is away for a few days.

That said, I would always prefer a manager to be 100% focused on one job, personally. I think distractions are rarely a good thing.

my initial reaction on reading the first post as that Phil Brown got a lot of flak for his media work; however on further reading, it looks as if it won't be to SUFC's detriment.

That was just used by the same people who hated him from day one. If any of our managers choses to do something football related in their down time I really don't see that as anything other than positive for our club.

I've seen Ronnie Whelan 'relaxing' on a day off and I know what I would prefer.

That was just used by the same people who hated him from day one. If any of our managers choses to do something football related in their down time I really don't see that as anything other than positive for our club.

I've seen Ronnie Whelan 'relaxing' on a day off and I know what I would prefer.

I agree; it can have benefits such as widening their knowledge base, getting new contacts, etc. There was a lot of bollocks spouted on here about Phil Brown's radio appearances, but I never had a problem with it.

Is this part of some sort of FA manager development plan?

The international break thing is easily enough resolved.

Option 1: get Southend promoted. The FA can help by giving guidance to referees that it is in the national interest for Southend to be promoted, ensure favourable fixture lists etc
Option 2: combine the training sessions. It will make training more competitive and I'm sure England could learn a lot from training alongside Timlin and Yearwood.

I agree; it can have benefits such as widening their knowledge base, getting new contacts, etc. There was a lot of bollocks spouted on here about Phil Brown's radio appearances, but I never had a problem with it.
It won't be a bad thing to have a manager involved in the national team set up when it comes to trying to attract and keep very talented youngsters. Dru Yearwood may be interested in this latest development as it could bring him closer to a squad call-up for the Under 18s

It won't be a bad thing to have a manager involved in the national team set up when it comes to trying to attract and keep very talented youngsters. Dru Yearwood may be interested in this latest development as it could bring him closer to a squad call-up for the Under 18s

Often young academy lads are invited to train with England so what better than CP explaining to the undecided parents of a potential recruit that player X or Y has just returned from 2 days with England.

I hope a box ticking exercise isn't going to mean we're going to have to replace our manager after such a short period of time.

I think it would be a good thing for the club and Chris. It's worth mentioning that at the moment he has only been mentioned as a possibilty, it's not a done deal by any means.

Back