• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here's my prediction -

One knee op was a success.

The other one wasn't and will need a second op.

We won't see him before August AT LEAST

No inside knowledge, just my prediction

No. According to my Glasgow Rangers-supporting neighbour!

When we had him on loan previously I thought he was excellent and a real prospect, was chuffed to bits when we signed him prior to the start of this season.

If he can get back to full fitness, I believe we have a great player in our squad.

Whilst this is no reflection on either his ability, which none of us can really pass judgement on, or the man himself, for whom I have so much sympathy, I really think that this is probably one of the worst if not the worst signings that we have ever made.

So much expectation from the Manager and yet so little return - though not Kiernan's fault as far as I can see.

Powell: "It’s going to be a long process with Rob (Kiernan). He’s had a few setbacks and it’s unlikely we will see him this season."

It's three months since the club said anything about how he is progressing. No news sound like bad news to me. I wonder what the chances are that he will be back for pre season training - which I guess will be some time the week after next.

I remember Brown saying he was going to be back for the Wigan game. Seems a long long time ago now x

It's three months since the club said anything about how he is progressing. No news sound like bad news to me. I wonder what the chances are that he will be back for pre season training - which I guess will be some time the week after next.
There was an update just before the end of the season saying he was close but with nothing to play for he wouldn’t be rushed back.

He’s probably been on holiday, just like everyone else, for the past month.

I think no news is just no news.

There was an update just before the end of the season saying he was close but with nothing to play for he wouldn’t be rushed back.

He’s probably been on holiday, just like everyone else, for the past month.

I think no news is just no news.

I don’t think anyone should expect much. One more breakdown and I think that’ll be it. Fingers crossed for him. Feel bad for the bloke - sounds like depression has been an issue. If anyone follows him on Instagram they’ll have seen he’s put up some details of his injuries and they sound pretty awful. However by his own admission they have evolved out of “niggles” that he’s had for the last 5 years and has had around 6 large injections for. Not his fault but that does arguably call into question SUFC’s/Phil Brown’s “due diligence” process at the time.

Would be nice if he’s able to come back and be like a new player for us but I get the impression his career is hanging by a thread and he has apparently been taking a Business Management course so not sure if he’s preparing for life after football. In the least callous way possible if it doesn’t work out then it IS a sizeable chunk of the wage budget freed up.

He's had 3 ops in 12 months. I think the guy is finished

It's all been far too quiet on him for too long

I think the issue was that he had been having loads of injections to manage the problems so he could play. What he needed perhaps was the operations to fix properly- this also comes with extended time out (which is why short term thinking drives clubs to the managing through injections route).

Lets hope he can now work his way back as when fit he is a £1m CB..

As has been said a key milestone will be his involvement in training when it starts in a couple of week.

Until then we need to be patient I guess.

Back