• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wordsworth striving for new Blues deal

No problem with that at all, and I agree on the opinions bit. I didn't, and don't, understand the relevance of being a season ticket holder to that opinion. If you find that disrespectful I apologise.

I personally think it's disrespectful for a season ticket holder to presume they can have a better understanding of a player or manager than a person that doesn't hold a season ticket

Agree 100% with StevenCowling1, let him go, he thinks he is better that he is, problem is CP rates him, I’m a season ticket holder of many years, and not bothered if him and CP go, hurry up England (Chris was a good player for us, but..)

but???

Can't actually believe I'm entertaining this, but I'm bored, sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
When exactly did he do the striving thing? Or are we as usual to see a bit more effort with a few games to go? Then it's back to snooze time after contract awarded

No problem with that at all, and I agree on the opinions bit. I didn't, and don't, understand the relevance of being a season ticket holder to that opinion. If you find that disrespectful I apologise.

I've always found your posts disrespectful but have never received an apology.
I may not show it , but I'm in pieces on the inside.

Wordsworth was one of our best players last season. Even now, he makes a difference when he's fit and on the field. Offers us something different going forward. I think the only question mark is his injury history for us. If the contract is reasonable in duration and money, he's definitely worth keeping around until we can get our forwards and goal scoring situation resolved over the next 2 seasons.

One thing that seems evident with Powell is his ability to rest players when they need to, and give them a more appropriate recovery time.

This was shown with Kightly being rested against Blackpool and also us not seeing Mantom play until the same match.

With any luck we will see an improvement in fitness throughout the squad, and although we may not see players like Kightly and Wordsworth feature in every match they are kind of fit in, we will see them have less injuries. (Maybe. I understand injuries aren’t as simple as that and freak injuries are still possible)

I would keep him, Brown kept playing him when he wasn't fit out of desperation towards the end. Hopefully a run of games between now and the end of the season to show what he can do and then a decent pre-season I see no reason why cant play a big part next season.

I've always found your posts disrespectful but have never received an apology.
I may not show it , but I'm in pieces on the inside.

You should have told me earlier Danny. I apolgise for any disrespectful posts which may have upset you. Better now Mr Wimpy Pants?

Wordy has been a massive disappointment this season.

Not just the injury thing, but he's doing community service, has made contractual demands and has put in some sub-standard performances as a player (injured or not).

He either has to up his game or be shown the door.

Better players than him are putting in professional performances week in and week out. He needs to strive to those standards to have any hope of staying at this club, IMHO.

What a load of bull! He was playing under Brown with a hamstring tear, which he did more damage to by continuing to try and play. Couple that with the loss of his brother and I think you'll find that there was no option but to allow him some time and space for the injury to heal!

He is our most creative player and best dead ball deliverer, and alongside Lenny last season, was a vital member of the midfield duo which served the team. The changes in midfield mean he needs to develop a partnership with Dru going forward, which hasn't really had time to develop as yet.

I think it's all about what Anthony Wordsworth produces in the remaining games. If he delivers as you suggest, then I see no reason why the Club would not offer him a 12 month contract. If he doesn't deliver or fails to play all of the remaining games, then I cannot see the point in offering him a new deal, despite his undoubted ability.

I understand the ‘fitness doubts’ and to a certain extent the perceived problems with his work rate ( although to me every player is different and it’s just his style ) , but for me we always look more of a goal threat with him than without.
Without him , a lot of our attacks are predictable.
He gives us something different.

I enjoy watching Wordsworth at his best. However, for whatever reason his best hasn't been seen all season. Worth a contract provided he can stay fit. Not sure he will ever play a full season though.

Fitness a concern, but show me another midfielder within the squad with his goal threat. Not even up for debate for me, a key player who we need to keep hold of.

Fitness a concern, but show me another midfielder within the squad with his goal threat. Not even up for debate for me, a key player who we need to keep hold of.

I reckon Powell really rates him, so unless Ron makes him an offer which offends his agent's sensibilities then he will definitely be here next season.

I think we have to trust SCP on this one. He already appears to know how best to use the squad and assess fitness - eg, knowing when a player needs a rest.

Unless Wordy takes the **** and demands a significantly higher wage I think a one-year deal may be a risk worth taking.

Back