• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
Well it needs to be done, (for all you petrol heads out there)...As the new race season begins in Australia this weekend, I thought it would be apt, to get this thread underway.

This is my take on it.... From what I've heard / read, the media think it will be a big Hamilton v Vettel affair to be the first between them to grab a 5th world title. And closer than ever for the last few years.

Apparently, Mercedes has improved a little in terms of performance from last season, Ferrari has improved the most overall from all the teams, and sound like current title favourites, but Red bull can out beat the both of them on the corners, but still lacks overall straight line speed.

Being British, I would love to see us beat "Vettel the moody Kraut" to the title, but failing that, I would love for Ricciardo & Verstappen to win also. I think they make the most exciting & best double act in F1 for a long time.

BTW... I'm not happy with the introduction of the "Halo", yeah yeah, health and safety and all... but blah blah blah... takes away the risk. Can you imagine if the WBA, WBC, IBF etc.... pro heavyweights were forced to wear head gear on health & safety grounds.

Not a fan of the Halo either, the IndyCar cockpit canopy looks so much better.

Just as I predicted, Hamilton, Vettel and Van stappen....separated by just 6 /100 hundreds of a single second!! in Q4.

It's anyone's game this season.

Bring it on!

Hamilton's first sector in the last qualifying run was outstanding and blew all the competition away.

I hate the Halo :angel:, what a horrible looking thing, also it blocks the onboard camera from seeing the road ahead. :angry:

Nice to see the Haas team have stepped up their game, would be nice to see one of their drivers on the podium this season. And would be nice to get those Mclaren’s on top form too but doesn’t look like they had the pace in quali.

F1 used to be my no.1 motorsport but in recent years it’s fallen from grace in my eyes. Watching the opening race of the MotoGP it was edge of the seat stuff the whole race. That first race is Qatar will 100% be better than any of the F1 races in probably the last 6 years maybe even longer. They need to step up their game and I agree with others that Halo looks ridiculous, there must’ve been a better alternative.

We will end up with remote controlled F1 cars driven by "drivers" on the pit wall the way this is all going.

We will end up with remote controlled F1 cars driven by "drivers" on the pit wall the way this is all going.

Which is why I appreciate a driver like Senna more than I do than Hamilton. Senna has no drive aids and had to drive with pure skill alone.

Looking forward to the start of F1 again. As much as I love Hamilton I have found him to be a little on the arrogant side these days but I suppose with his titles and money now he can afford to be.

Looking forward to the start of F1 again. As much as I love Hamilton I have found him to be a little on the arrogant side these days but I suppose with his titles and money now he can afford to be.

He’s been arrogant since day one! And not in a likeable James Hunt kind of arrogance.

F12018 he is

He is now officially a Diva ,once they believe in their own publicity they deteriate from being normal human beings

Great result for Alonso getting 5th, shame about the Haas cars.

Long given up any interest in F1. Days of exiting racing and overtaking manoeuvres too much a memory, technology has overtaken driver ability for me. As for the halo....is that really the best they could do?

Long given up any interest in F1. Days of exiting racing and overtaking manoeuvres too much a memory, technology has overtaken driver ability for me. As for the halo....is that really the best they could do?

Overtaking now happens because the person behind if they get within a second can use the DRS in certain zones. Giving the person behind an unfair advantage. Don’t get none of this in MotoGP and it’s a much better motorsport to watch.

Although in F1’s defence the last race wasn’t too bad.

Great win for Lewis, granted he got more than a "bit of luck".

For the first time in what seems ages, (although very early days) it's looking "proper tasty" so far this season & being more than a 2 horse race between Ferrari and Mercedes. I fancy Red Bull for a shoe in. I personally like both Riccardio & Verstappen as the most exciting drivers.

i read that F1 plan to have a street race next year in Miami. First time in the USA since Phoenix 28 years ago.

Further to my early post, it seems the Miami Grand Prix, will most likely get the go ahead next year...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44077523

Also just seen that the last time the top 10 teams had points after just 4 races was way back in 1994.

And if Grosjean (Haas) & Sirotkin (Williams) can pick up points before the end of the season it will be the first time in the history of F1 that every driver will collect at least a point since the competition was born back in 1950!

I reckon that must me be worth a cheeky tenner.

Yawn! Yet another bore fest. F1 is so **** I don’t know why I even bother switching it on anymore.

Back