• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Usually love Monaco but **** me that was boring.

I can't stand the Monaco Grand Prix, iv'e never liked it & never will. I really don't understand the hype about it. It's too narrow, hardly any chance of overtaking. I forced myself to watch the first 10 - 15 laps and opted to be dragged around the shops by the Mrs instead. Glad I did because even the F1 drivers said it was a "bore-fest".

Can't wait to get back to the proper old school driving circuit in the next race in Canada. I would like to see Lewis win it, making him a winner in 4 years on the trot.

I wonder if there's a way to make Monaco better. Maybe split the points between a 30 lap sprint race and a 10 lap time trial. Also given the importance of qualifying make more of an event of it as well?

Following on from Ricciardo leaving Red Bull...

Two time world champion Fernando Alonso is retiring from F1 at the end of the season.

One of the few drivers to win the Monaco Grand Prix, and the Le Mans 24, I wonder if he has his heart set on the triple crown and try (again) to win the indy 500.

Two time world champion Fernando Alonso is retiring from F1 at the end of the season.

One of the few drivers to win the Monaco Grand Prix, and the Le Mans 24, I wonder if he has his heart set on the triple crown and try (again) to win the indy 500.

Sad to see Alonso leave the grid, a class driver and deserves a better car than McLaren have been able to offer.

Last edited:

My favourite driver of the post Schumacher dominance era. And by far the best driver of that era, just unlucky with his choice of cars. Had he been in that Mercedes or Red Bull during their dominance he would be more than a 2 times world champ.

He will win the Indy 500 and be the second person to ever win the triple crown.

Only Kimi left now of all the real drivers. F1 needs a serious revamp.

Read Mark Webber’s book and it’s a great read, he says that the F1 powers that be are ruining it and it lost its appeal a long time ago. I totally agree with him.

As much as I dislike the bloke I can’t not appreciate the fact he has now just won his 5th world championship.

Congratulations Lewis. Hopefully a more competitive year with some big changes and new drivers.

Well done Lewis,top bloke.
Now another 3 championships,we hope, then he has" overtaken" that cheat Schumacher

Back