• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
According to the Echo:

'Blues midfielder Dru Yearwood has been nominated fro the League One Apprentice of the Year Award. The 18 year old, who has shone for the Shrimpers this season. has been shortlisted alongside Peterborough United's Lewis Freestone and AFC Wimbledon's Anthony Hartigan. The winner will be announced at the EFL awards on Sunday April 15th.'

Lets hope we are celebrating him winning the award, it would cap a great first season in the 1st team.

According to the Echo:

'Blues midfielder Dru Yearwood has been nominated fro the League One Apprentice of the Year Award. The 18 year old, who has shone for the Shrimpers this season. has been shortlisted alongside Peterborough United's Lewis Freestone and AFC Wimbledon's Anthony Hartigan. The winner will be announced at the EFL awards on Sunday April 15th.'

Lets hope we are celebrating him winning the award, it would cap a great first season in the 1st team.

That's him due a stinker on Saturday. These nominations are a curse to this club.

Been great, tie him in....5 year deal! Seems to have the lot.

He has a 4 year deal with a further year option I think.

This is one player that i think we may make some big money on.

If he learns to find the net on a regular basis he will be snapped up.

We all thought that we would greatly miss Lenny but dru just stepped in no fuss and has been the brightest part of our season.

Dru will be our record sale IMHO. Already being sniffed around by top clubs, though will definitely be here next season.

As an aside he seems a really genuinely nice human being too. That goes a long way in my book.

As an aside he seems a really genuinely nice human being too. That goes a long way in my book.

His mum and dad always go in the Far post before home games and they are a lovely couple, I'm sure they keep him very grounded too.
For what it's worth, I agree that Dru is an outstanding prospect, always like to point out to anyone that's listening that I said at the Braintree pre season friendly...... That lad is going to be some player. Reminds me of Keith Jones. :Worthy:

Dosent it make you feel good when you see such talent coming through our ranks,as for me Westy will tell you i cant see it ,but i can read and your posts throughout the season tell me he is a talent and as Tommy 2 holes said a genuinely nice person.Along with him and Elvis and kyps all who have had first team experience,and others like Wabo, Klass,Ba,Bishop,Bexon,Walker,Cotton,Matsuaka,Batlowka,and others im sure ive missed the future is looking bright for SUFC.:happy:

Dru wasn't ready at the start of the season, but has taken his opportunity with both hands, and I hope will kick on and be the first name on the teamsheet next season.

I am hoping Wabo will be the next to follow him, and be in an around the first team from the start of next year.

He's a player this boy , I watched him quite closely on Saturday , always made time for himself , shapes up superbly when receiving the ball and can pass and move , great engine and what i most like about him is for his size he doesn't half get stuck in and matched Gills physical side to the game and he has a great temperament to his game.

I think to be a top midfielder he has quiet a few of the main attributes - he needs to add goals and assists to his game but i feel this will come in time

So in short if he continues along this path i see him having a bright future

He should have a good chance of winning the award as he's played a lot more first-team football than the other two.

Yep

Lewis Freestone 190mins
Anthony Hartigan 1012mins
Dru Yearwood 1698mins

Freestone, I'd suggest, is making up the numbers. Dru should be a shoe in really

I still can't believe how out of nowhere Yearwood came. Usually you hear whispers and from that expectations start to form like Bentley, Payne, and on the other end of the spectrum Bridge, Williams. But I hadn't heard anything about him prior to seeing him play and being offered his contract. It's not something I feel happens often these days and has to be a shoe-in!

I still can't believe how out of nowhere Yearwood came. Usually you hear whispers and from that expectations start to form like Bentley, Payne, and on the other end of the spectrum Bridge, Williams. But I hadn't heard anything about him prior to seeing him play and being offered his contract. It's not something I feel happens often these days and has to be a shoe-in!

Without wishing to drift too far off topic, I think Elvis could also have been displaying the same character if Demetriou had not been in such good form.

Last edited:
Yes, if we had not had such a poor season and the club decided to cash in Ryan Leonard, he would not be playing first team football.

Love to see the youngest come through and watch them progress..
Let’s hope we can keep hold of and wishing him the best of luck for the award (although personally I think he should win)

Dosent it make you feel good when you see such talent coming through our ranks,as for me Westy will tell you i cant see it ,but i can read and your posts throughout the season tell me he is a talent and as Tommy 2 holes said a genuinely nice person.Along with him and Elvis and kyps all who have had first team experience,and others like Wabo, Klass,Ba,Bishop,Bexon,Walker,Cotton,Matsuaka,Batlowka,and others im sure ive missed the future is looking bright for SUFC.:happy:

what is BA like? A good prospect or a forgotten man?

Back