• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whilst I don’t think we are in danger of going down , pressure can and does have a big impact on teams.
Lose on Saturday with some other results going against us and suddenly panic can set in to get over the line.
Not the most optimistic of posts , and I’m sure we will be fine , but want us to get this done quickly , especially given our away form.
Someone reassure me , it’s all fine .....

It's all fine snowflake, get a grip.:smiles:

Ive been thinking along these lines all week and now no more Turner and Coker will mean a more than nervous defence. Not very confident we can beat MK on Saturday ! We have not been good at winning the potentially more easy games this season !
Whilst I don’t think we are in danger of going down , pressure can and does have a big impact on teams.
Lose on Saturday with some other results going against us and suddenly panic can set in to get over the line.
Not the most optimistic of posts , and I’m sure we will be fine , but want us to get this done quickly , especially given our away form.
Someone reassure me , it’s all fine .....

Oxley

Demetriou White Ferdinand Kyprianou
McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
Cox Robinson

Kyprianou was excellent before his injury so I really hope he plays. That to me is our best front 6 (maybe Fortune for Robinson) and we seem to do well with them so let's go out and smash the franchise and get some points in the sunshine.

That article was before they sold the ground to Chelsea and effectively made Kingstonian homeless

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ingsmeadow-lost-stadium-chelsea-afc-wimbledon

The above article fits in with my understanding, so apologies for any impressions of positive reinforcement, but it sort of explains where my thinking was coming from

Yes, I'd read that article too. It explains how Wimbledon not only kept Kingstonian going for many years but have actually donated £1 million to Kingstonian to be used towards future ground costs. Kingstonian chose to sell their ground to Wimbledon (their then Chairman, Khosla, seems to be the biggest culprit as he seemed to pocket the money) and Wimbledon charged them next to no rent for all those years.

Wimbledon want to move back to Wimbledon - commendably and understandably - and to that end they sold the ground to Chelsea. They could not have been expected to remain there forever just so a non-league club normally watched by a few hundred fans could continue to play in a nearly 5,000 capacity stadium which they couldn't afford under normal circumstances.

[FONT=&]

....... nice and transparent then !

What you don't say is that the EFL have agreed to drop the charges against the proper "Dons" as a result of them agreeing to the mediation.

"I" didn't say anything, that is the post copied.

Perhaps I should have said "what you don't quote" then. Either way the additional information is highly relevant.

Perhaps I should have said "what you don't quote" then. Either way the additional information is highly relevant.

I've quoted what they posted on a Twitter post - nothing more, nothing less!!

Yes, I'd read that article too. It explains how Wimbledon not only kept Kingstonian going for many years but have actually donated £1 million to Kingstonian to be used towards future ground costs. Kingstonian chose to sell their ground to Wimbledon (their then Chairman, Khosla, seems to be the biggest culprit as he seemed to pocket the money) and Wimbledon charged them next to no rent for all those years.

Wimbledon want to move back to Wimbledon - commendably and understandably - and to that end they sold the ground to Chelsea. They could not have been expected to remain there forever just so a non-league club normally watched by a few hundred fans could continue to play in a nearly 5,000 capacity stadium which they couldn't afford under normal circumstances.

No seems about it, solely Khosla causing all the problems culminating in him in looking to line his own pockets by selling-up with little regards towards Kingstonian and their future / survival. His only means of obtaining money was to cut a deal with AFC Wombles who paid him off in instalments. For K's fans to see themselves becoming tenants in what was their own stadium was very hard to take even with AFCW charging peppercorn rental. Remains to be seen if AFCW will charge up through the leagues and what sort of crowds will start attending their new stadium.

True it does sound like they have been striped by their owners as well . It does make you wonder why Wimbledon, if they were so set on moving back to Merton, bought Kingsmeadow, if it wasn't just to make money to fund the move to Merton ?

True it does sound like they have been striped by their owners as well . It does make you wonder why Wimbledon, if they were so set on moving back to Merton, bought Kingsmeadow, if it wasn't just to make money to fund the move to Merton ?

Continuing this tangental debate, they needed an instant medium term venue to facilitate their return up the leagues. I guess there weren't too many alternatives. If the property had been sold to anyone else other than Wimbledon, I think Kingstonian FC would be long gone. They have, for now, a future and a million quid!

No seems about it, solely Khosla causing all the problems culminating in him in looking to line his own pockets by selling-up with little regards towards Kingstonian and their future / survival. His only means of obtaining money was to cut a deal with AFC Wombles who paid him off in instalments. For K's fans to see themselves becoming tenants in what was their own stadium was very hard to take even with AFCW charging peppercorn rental. Remains to be seen if AFCW will charge up through the leagues and what sort of crowds will start attending their new stadium.

I had personal dealings with Khosla. A more transparent chancer you couldn't wish to avoid. He once asked me mid season: 'how many points do you need to go up?' such was his knowledge of football. The Kingstonian lesson was a salutory one, but typical of non-league at the seventh tier.

Turner and Coker both out injured for this game.

I know the chances of us being relegated are 200-1, but we need this one, because leaving it to the last match of the season is not going to do my stress levels any good.

Am naturally assuming the last two away days will be barren, foregone conclusions.

Looking like a good gate for this one 6700 already sold. MK dot travel well and I doubt they will bring more than 3-500 odd

Looking like a good gate for this one 6700 already sold. MK dot travel well and I doubt they will bring more than 3-500 odd

If it anything like the figures they announce at their home games you can expect upwards of 5000 though your lower prediction of 3 is more accurate. :facepalm:

I think I've opened the wrong thread. I thought it was the pre-match thread for Saturday and MK Dons. I got that wrong.

Back in November,I managed to overcome all my hatred of that “club” and finally ticked off the ground and though we threw away 2 points I’m delighted to be able to report that they are by far and away the worst league one team I’ve seen all season-and I have seen them all.

Back in November,I managed to overcome all my hatred of that “club” and finally ticked off the ground and though we threw away 2 points I’m delighted to be able to report that they are by far and away the worst league one team I’ve seen all season-and I have seen them all.

And that includes 'us away' !

Back