• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just received the last(I think) leaflet from the candiates for Blenheim Ward through my letter box and you will be pleased to know that Fossetts Farm does not feature on any of the candidates lists of things that need doing or they care about. Sadly, none of them have knocked on my door so I couldn't ask any of them their position on Fosetts. Looks like I'm going to have to vote on politics only, outrageous!!

I've canvassed St Helier, Pimlico and Notting Hill and leafleted Carshalton and Green Park. The people I've been out with are some of the nicest people I've ever met, and in Notting Hill there were two 14 year olds out who were happy to knock on doors and sell a vision 4 years before they are allowed to vote, which I find pretty inspiring. And I met someone from Progress - that's a new one!

Very strange here in Thurrock, (well at least where i live) as I've had no leaflets through the door or people canvassing (as they usually do). Not even sure if I got a polling card, i will have to re-check my post to see if i missed it.

Add to that, UKIP were largest party, but they all walked out en masse (17 of them in total) and they are all now standing as independents, so I would have thought my area would be prime canvassing territory for either the Tories who are 7 short of overall control or Labour who historically have held power in the borough.

Very strange here in Thurrock, (well at least where i live) as I've had no leaflets through the door or people canvassing (as they usually do). Not even sure if I got a polling card, i will have to re-check my post to see if i missed it.

Add to that, UKIP were largest party, but they all walked out en masse (17 of them in total) and they are all now standing as independents, so I would have thought my area would be prime canvassing territory for either the Tories who are 7 short of overall control or Labour who historically have held power in the borough.
that is surprising. Obviously parties have to target resources but I would have thought Thurrock was a target for both Labour and Tories now that UKIP have collapsed. Corbyn was in Thurrock today though so maybe your area had a leaflet blitz today?

May has put back her brexit surrender plan, in the probably vain hope, that brexit voters in labour constituencies will vote Tory ...
London is fairly buggered for the tories but they may do better than expected in the regions

May has put back her brexit surrender plan, in the probably vain hope, that brexit voters in labour constituencies will vote Tory ...
London is fairly buggered for the tories but they may do better than expected in the regions

I'd suggest you watch the news tonight.Tory losses both in London and throughout the country will be massive.

Only 4 candidates here, the usual 3 plus the Greens. Labour have been in power here for years, they'll walk it.

I'd suggest you watch the news tonight.Tory losses both in London and throughout the country will be massive.

The government - especially one as shambolic as this - should expect to get a kicking in the local elections. That didn't materialise in the 2017 local elections when it probably should have so let's see.

Of course, they've ****ed up plenty of stuff in the last year so that'll help whoever is running against them.

A double Barna gets it wrong again.

Tonight's news won't carry the results as they won't be counted until the early hours/tomorrow and when they do the Tories won't have massive losses in the regions.

The government - especially one as shambolic as this - should expect to get a kicking in the local elections. That didn't materialise in the 2017 local elections when it probably should have so let's see.

Of course, they've ****ed up plenty of stuff in the last year so that'll help whoever is running against them.

The demise of UKIP will also be a key factor.Personally I'd expect a lot of their votes to go to the Tories or exacerbate a low turnout.We'll see (as you say).

A double Barna gets it wrong again.

Tonight's news won't carry the results as they won't be counted until the early hours/tomorrow and when they do the Tories won't have massive losses in the regions.

Labour will make gains whenever the results are announced.:raspberry:

Actually about two thirds of the votes will be declared overnight on Friday.

Ever heard of exit polls?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43973936

Last edited:
Ever realised that friday isn't thursday?

Depends if you stay up late for the results or not on Thursday night I suppose.:raspberry:

Edit.In any case the first actual result is expected from Swindon just after 10pm.It should be possible shortly after that to make a projection as to how the rest of the results will pan out.

Last edited:
I've only had a small leaflet for Labour through my door, just been and voted and there are only three candidates in our ward - Labour, Conservative and UKIP, which I find quite astonishing.

I've only had a small leaflet for Labour through my door, just been and voted and there are only three candidates in our ward - Labour, Conservative and UKIP, which I find quite astonishing.

One horse town. In fact they could pin a blue rosette on the most ugliest horse they could find and it'll be elected.

Back