Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsors Dinner last night

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Default Sponsors Dinner last night

A good evening at the Arlington Rooms, well done to the new Commercial team on their organisation.

A very different regime to previous ones, players not allowed a drink - although I did see one or two having a glass of red!

Saw a few Zoners and regular TZers there and had a chat with some of them, chatted with some of the players too, including Sam Mantom, who was on our table - seems a nice bloke.

Ted was there with his arm in a sling so that shoulder is still being quite problematic.

A little bit of contract talk, know some have been offered, but do think there's definitely a clear out on the cards.

Players all on fine form although the setting and the no drinking meant they didn't hang about as long as they have done in previous years - some still had to drive quite a way to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Players all on fine form although the setting and the no drinking meant they didn't hang about as long as they have done in previous years - some still had to drive quite a way to get home.
    You sure it was only because of the non drinking?

A good evening at the Arlington Rooms, well done to the new Commercial team on their organisation.

A very different regime to previous ones, players not allowed a drink - although I did see one or two having a glass of red!

Saw a few Zoners and regular TZers there and had a chat with some of them, chatted with some of the players too, including Sam Mantom, who was on our table - seems a nice bloke.

Ted was there with his arm in a sling so that shoulder is still being quite problematic.

A little bit of contract talk, know some have been offered, but do think there's definitely a clear out on the cards.

Can you give more details?
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Blue View Post
    Can you give more details?
    No, sorry, negotiations are ongoing.

No, sorry, negotiations are ongoing.
    #Iknowsomethingyoudontknow #Standard

Blog Entries

This really worries me about Ted long term. He's never been a regular here yet he always seems to get a bad injury. I'm not so sure we could ever rely on him to be number 1

My mate went said it was a fabulous evening. He said Chrissy had time for everyone! Apparently Anton was wearing his granddads Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    My mate went said it was a fabulous evening. He said Chrissy had time for everyone! Apparently Anton was wearing his granddads Mac?
    It was not a patch on MAF's outfit though

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Haha, it looked a bit like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordlumpington View Post
    It was not a patch on MAF's outfit though
    He carried it off though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Blue View Post
    This really worries me about Ted long term. He's never been a regular here yet he always seems to get a bad injury. I'm not so sure we could ever rely on him to be number 1
    Ted's arm was in a sling because he has just had a shoulder operation. They're hoping that it will fix the problem and that he will be back to normal for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    Ted's arm was in a sling because he has just had a shoulder operation. They're hoping that it will fix the problem and that he will be back to normal for next season.
    But he's out of contract?

But he's out of contract?
    They would be crazy to let him go!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    They would be crazy to let him go!
    Listen, Ted's a Benfleet boy, he went to school with my boss's daughter in his class, he's an Academy lad and we should be rightfully proud. I just don't know if we can justify another contract when Nathan Bishop has done so well deputising. If Ted stays then he has to have a cheaper contract and go out on loan next year and play and then we look at a proper contract at the end.

Listen, Ted's a Benfleet boy, he went to school with my boss's daughter in his class, he's an Academy lad and we should be rightfully proud. I just don't know if we can justify another contract when Nathan Bishop has done so well deputising. If Ted stays then he has to have a cheaper contract and go out on loan next year and play and then we look at a proper contract at the end.
    Why does he have to have a cheaper contract? I'd imagine he wouldn't be a high earner as it.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTY_SUFC View Post
    Why does he have to have a cheaper contract? I'd imagine he wouldn't be a high earner as it.
    Totally agree, he obviously has a lot of talent otherwise he wouldn't have earned so many call ups for England youth teams. If we let him go he will be snapped up by another club and no doubt go on to be a success.