Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sponsors Dinner last night

Ted should be given a contract for a year and loaned out to get game time. Bishop can be the back-up.

I would not be surprised to see Ladapo, Fortune, McGlashan, Klass and Hendrie all leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Listen, Ted's a Benfleet boy, he went to school with my boss's daughter in his class, he's an Academy lad and we should be rightfully proud. I just don't know if we can justify another contract when Nathan Bishop has done so well deputising. If Ted stays then he has to have a cheaper contract and go out on loan next year and play and then we look at a proper contract at the end.
    I understand your viewpoint, and clearly we have had our share of injured players being acquired or kept, but Ted has proven to be more than an adequate first teamer between the sticks. As long as the injury does not impede his future progress then he should be kept. Bishop, who I know little of, is yet to have enough exposure to know just how good he will be. I hope we keep them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Totally agree, he obviously has a lot of talent otherwise he wouldn't have earned so many call ups for England youth teams. If we let him go he will be snapped up by another club and no doubt go on to be a success.
    He is being kept. The club are going to look after and support him in his recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    He is being kept. The club are going to look after and support him in his recovery.
    Great news, I really rate him and think with the right direction he has the potential to be as good as if not better than Bentley.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    That is good, it's worried me what would happen with him being out of contract.