• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please select your preferred back 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jay_SUFC
I would go with:

Elvis Kyp Anton Demi
Yes,definitely.
Why,in heavens name,exclude this option which has the best 4 available defenders??

ERRRRRRR ---- Probably because it doesnt actually include the very best defender we have at the club - John White.
Even John White's mum doesn't think he's the best defender at the club.

Michael Turner is the best defender at the club and if it wasn’t for his long time out injured at the start of the season would be nailed on for Player Of The Year IMO. John White has played out of his skin this season though and would definitely be in my starting lineup with Turner out of action.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jay_SUFC
I would go with:

Elvis Kyp Anton Demi
Yes,definitely.
Why,in heavens name,exclude this option which has the best 4 available defenders??

ERRRRRRR ---- Probably because it doesnt actually include the very best defender we have at the club - John White.

Personally having White and Ferdinand at centre back frightens me, and if we are going to play Kpys and Elvis then Anton is a far better organiser than White.

Also I personally thought Anton was getting back to his best before getting ill

Nobody has chosen it (I haven't either!), but 3 central defenders would allow Ferdinand to organise (which he does well) whilst being covered by White and Kyp either side. Would allow Demi to get up and down, which he enjoys and a chance to see Macca at Left Wing Back, which he has played for Forest but Powell won't have seen him play yet.It also allows him to play 3 central midfielders - Dru, Timlin and Mantom/Wright (hopefully not Wordsworth), whilst still playing two strikers. The only thing it doesn't do is allow any room for Kightly, but he must be due another rest in one of the games coming up!

Exactly. We have an opportunity to experiment for a couple of games which is very rare these days. Try some kids - try some different formations. Three at the back is increasingly common these days and also gives you the chance to try a different set up higher up the park too. But importantly if there are players who Powell knows he would like to move on, don't play them - give someone who might still be here a chance. How's about.

Bishop
White, Matsuzaka, Kyprianou
Demetriou, Yearwood, Mantom, Timlin, McLaughlin
Kightly, Cox

I've heard at various points this season that Cotton, Klass, Bedford are the future. If they are, they must surely be worth a place on the bench? I don't think there's much we all have to learn about Ferdinand or Fortune.

White and Ferdinand starting together - won 3 drawn 2 lost 8. However Powell has hardly had Kyprianou on the bench so would he risk him ?

Elvis, White, Kyps and Demi

I would like to see this but think SCP will go with:

Demi White Ferdinand Timlin

Nobody has chosen it (I haven't either!), but 3 central defenders would allow Ferdinand to organise (which he does well) whilst being covered by White and Kyp either side. Would allow Demi to get up and down, which he enjoys and a chance to see Macca at Left Wing Back, which he has played for Forest but Powell won't have seen him play yet.

It also allows him to play 3 central midfielders - Dru, Timlin and Mantom/Wright (hopefully not Wordsworth), whilst still playing two strikers.

The only thing it doesn't do is allow any room for Kightly, but he must be due another rest in one of the games coming up!
I’d like to see a three centre back formation but wouldn’t like to risk only three CB’s we have playing together at the same time

For the record, I chose my preferred defense for saturday, not the rest of the season.

Steady young Elvis, experience in the middle with White & Anton & Demi on the other side.

Kypro.. can cover most posistions as a sub. But I would take him over Timlin as a left back.

Under the circumstances I would put Timlin at left back. A back four of elvis, white, Kyps and Timlin. Demi playing wide right mid to cover/interchange elvis and McLaughlin in front of Tims.

Under the circumstances I would put Timlin at left back. A back four of elvis, white, Kyps and Timlin. Demi playing wide right mid to cover/interchange elvis and McLaughlin in front of Tims.
No!Double no!If one of your two proper experienced fullbacks is injured,you don’t move the other one out of position,similarly if one of your two proper experienced centre-backs can’t play,you don’t leave out the other one -Ferdinand.

No!Double no!If one of your two proper experienced fullbacks is injured,you don’t move the other one out of position,similarly if one of your two proper experienced centre-backs can’t play,you don’t leave out the other one -Ferdinand.

In your opinion.

Darn you, I'd only just finished the counselling sessions to help me forget those games!

Whilst Coker wins on the passing game he has been directly responsible for far more goals than Timlin was when he played at LB. Your first job as a defender is to defend. Yet again on Saturday Coker didn't clear his lines because he would rather someone else gets a pass not complete hoof on their stats.

Your away from home, they have just hit the bar in the first few minutes, its sat up nice on your left foot you are the defender and Captain.....Instead of going 60 yds he leaves for someone else. The same thing happen at Northampton minutes into the second half for their winning penalty.

That said I would be tempted to go for Ferdinand and Kyp at LB. Or he may switch Demi tp LB and Elvis. If your ever going to give the young lads a go then MK at Home is the one.

For what sits worth they were the worst by a country mile of the opposition playing at home I have seen this season.

Surprises me that Matsuaka hasnt even got one mention,I remember when he ws coming through the youth ranks ,many on here thought he had the makings off a very good CB,I wonder where it all went wrong for him.

Back