• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like the fact that they haven’t left Rob Kiernan off the list for POTY!

Vote now for Blues' goal of the season

VOTING is now underway for Southend United's goal of the season which is again being sponsored by the Echo.

More...

On the goals front it's McLaughlin's one against MK Dons for best goal. The most satisfying one for me was Marco's one against Wigan.

I’ve gone for MAF against Wigan for the goal, lovely team play and finish against a team which at the time had only conceded 13 goals up until Feb.
Demi just about got my vote for POTS. Ox was a very close(probably by 0.00001 of a point) second. Turner would have been a contender but has missed so much of the season!
Champagne moment has to be Turners last minute winner in Powell’s first game, oh how good that felt!
I went for the double save for save of the season. 2 saves in one seemed a no brainier, although can’t say I normally pay attention to how good a save is and there have been so many extremely good saves by Oxley this season!

I'd have had Lenny's goal in this match too, and save of the season should definitely be this......!

Starting at 0:14

[video=youtube;-NO-tcPx4Y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NO-tcPx4Y8[/video]

McLaughlin's goal at MK Dons by far the best of the bunch, although it would've helped if they'd shown more of the build-up to the goals. My 1-2-3 for Player of the Season would be Oxley, Demetriou and Yearwood based on the handful of games I've been to and what I've seen/read on here.

Silly that we can't vote for Leonard. Doesn't matter that the player isn't here any more - it's about what is the best goal.

Little doubt on that I suspect, however, had Turner had a full season, it might have been different.

Agree about Turner, for what it's worth my top three is,

1. Oxley
2. Demetriou
3. Turner

Plus an honourable mention for Dru. I've got a feeling he'll be player of the year next season, assuming he's still here of course.

I’d like to change my votes for goal of the season (now Theo’s second) and save of the season (that double save at the end)

Agree about Turner, for what it's worth my top three is,

1. Oxley
2. Demetriou
3. Turner

Plus an honourable mention for Dru. I've got a feeling he'll be player of the year next season, assuming he's still here of course.
I’m similar, Oxley and Demetriou the two contenders, but had Turner and Dru been playing regularly all season they would be up there too.

Back