• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What sets him apart from both of those players is how comfortable he is on the ball and the fact that he is able to find space in the centre of the pitch to receive it. Things seem to slow down for him when he's on the ball. He has an in game maturity that belittles his young age. A proper player.

There is absolutely no comparison between Dru and the other two wasters.

Let's see how he gets on next season and hope he is still performing well and consistent. He is currently very overrated!

Over rated how? He is 18 is the best midfielder at our club. He has only played a handful of games but has won numerous MOM and a POM award. He is being watched by scouts regularly. He will continue to improve and is a long way from the finished article but if he adds another 20% to his game in the next season or two he will be far to good for league 1.

I think Dru is the only outfield player to start all games since SCP's arrival (obviously Demi was on international duty and Cokes injured) but apart from that don't think anyone else has started all ?

Over rated how? He is 18 is the best midfielder at our club. He has only played a handful of games but has won numerous MOM and a POM award. He is being watched by scouts regularly. He will continue to improve and is a long way from the finished article but if he adds another 20% to his game in the next season or two he will be far to good for league 1.

Some comments about him playing for England, making us millions etc. Perfect examples of over rating a player. He is a talent and has huge potential but its way too early for people to come up with these comments.

Come the pre-season friendlies, every player should be playing for their place in the starting XI .......... happy to see Yearwood starting in central midfield based on current form but if there are other players who are doing well come August, then that sounds like healthy competition to me.

I completely disagree.

Pre-season for him is about getting ready, about building up fitness.

The 15 games he's already starred in for CP will tell CP far more about Dru than 45 minutes against Great Wakering, followed by an hour against a Crystal Palace reserve side a week behind/ahead us in their training and then 70 minutes at Aveley.

Unless he turns up a stone overweight he starts come our first league match of the season, barring any injuries.

Some comments about him playing for England, making us millions etc. Perfect examples of over rating a player. He is a talent and has huge potential but its way too early for people to come up with these comments.

Dru is currently playing Championship football whilst his team-mates play League One football.

The comments about playing for England are about playing at age group level. Some players who have played for England at age group level include Neil Jenkins, Phil Whelan and more recently Ted Smith. It's hardly controversial to suggest that Dru's better than them.

Just enjoy watching him.

Dru is currently playing Championship football whilst his team-mates play League One football.

Midfielders from Plymouth, Walsall & Oxford all had the better of him in recent weeks i can clearly remember. He looked no better than any of the rest of our midfield. They were more league 2 performances from the whole team. If he was as good as some are saying he would still be raising his game despite the rest of the team playing poorly. His not that standard yet. Lenny was/is better and he can't get in Sheff Utd team.

Dru has improved over the season including his discipline, off the ball and with the ref. It was the right decision to sell Lenny in January financially and it has helped make room for Dru. Still a work in progress and like some others in our side needs to improve his away form. I'm also sure one goal could open the door to many more.

Lets not count the £millions just yet but bearing mind some on here said 8 months ago he is no where near ready and needs a year on loan, I think we can all be pleased so far. As for he doesn't need to bother trying in pre-season, that's the very last message you would give to a lad of just 18.

I think Dru is the only outfield player to start all games since SCP's arrival (obviously Demi was on international duty and Cokes injured) but apart from that don't think anyone else has started all ?

Oxley? Just a guess.

There is absolutely no comparison between Dru and the other two wasters.
I can get my head around calling Kane Ferdinand a waster, it was clearly his attitude of some kind that has caused his career to plummet. Technically decent and athletic.

Not sure why Moussa is a 'waster' though... it was injuries that stopped his progression and saw him fall back down the league. He was 20 when playing games in the Championship for Leicester, understandably he couldn't really break through and dropped back down to L1 where he was excellent at Coventry before moving back up the Championship with Charlton. Sadly the knee injury he suffered there has meant he's probably still struggling with it.. he's at the age now where he should be at his peak and it's a shame we never saw that materialise.

Just enjoy watching him.

I do .... I just don't count the £ notes whilst doing so! I think more about building a team with a strong and competitive midfield.

I can get my head around calling Kane Ferdinand a waster, it was clearly his attitude of some kind that has caused his career to plummet. Technically decent and athletic.

Not sure why Moussa is a 'waster' though... it was injuries that stopped his progression and saw him fall back down the league. He was 20 when playing games in the Championship for Leicester, understandably he couldn't really break through and dropped back down to L1 where he was excellent at Coventry before moving back up the Championship with Charlton. Sadly the knee injury he suffered there has meant he's probably still struggling with it.. he's at the age now where he should be at his peak and it's a shame we never saw that materialise.

This. Well Said. And there were a number of changes in management at Leicester ....... and that can sink any player when suddenly they don't fit into the new plans.

Technically very good
Has the confidence/bravery to show his skills, always wants the ball, good passer, can burst forward well...with pace. Good work rate.
I'm excited to see how dru develops. I think we will sell him one day, for a lot of money.
Summer priority is the right partner for him in the centre of the park.

Dru is a talent ,i also think Elvis and Kyps can follow next season ,hopefully Wabo Acquah,Batlowka and a few others will get some decent minutes next season to press their claims also, sit back people dont talk about hw much the club will get when some big club comes in for any ot them , just enjoy them while you can, very exciting times ahead for you and for our youths.:Worthy::happy:

Technically very good
Has the confidence/bravery to show his skills, always wants the ball, good passer, can burst forward well...with pace. Good work rate.
I'm excited to see how Dru develops. I think we will sell him one day, for a lot of money.
Summer priority is the right partner for him in the centre of the park.

Saw a pale blue Bentley open top coming down the A127 on Friday ..... last 3 letters of the number plate were LEE .......... perhaps that was you coming home?

Dru and Oxley have been the only 2 players to start the 17 games since Chris came in and have been by far the two most consistent performers.

Brown only started him 6 times in the League.

All about opinions.

Mine is that Moussa could have been a decent footballer but never put in the necessary effort either before or after he left us.

Seen Dru play a number of times and sometimes I have thought that the praise was a little "over the top".

Not so today - 3 games in a week and a top performance today. Great stuff.

Seen Dru play a number of times and sometimes I have thought that the praise was a little "over the top".

Not so today - 3 games in a week and a top performance today. Great stuff.

Couldn't have put it better myself Rattus.

Imo, Considering the contract he currently has (until just before the start of the 2021/22 season begins), and the performances we have seen from him so far, I would imagine he will grow in strength & would most likely command a club record fee considering his young age.

Back