• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
So this weekend I made one of my rare visits to Roots Hall and brought my travel companion with me. She had never seen a live football match before and wasn't quite sure what to expect and if she'd like the experience. Her immediate impression was one of surprise in a good way. I said, "I just hope you get to see us score a goal."

Seeing 4 goals was something else. Seeing Theo score a hat-trick was remarkable. She's of the thespian variety and likened the drama of the game and the participation of crowd to theatre.

Needless to say, she became an immediate convert.

After the game we went to eat at Nandos. Who sits at the table next to us? None other than the afore mentioned Mr Robinson himself, along with his wife and children.

Not wanting to bother him too much while he was with his family, I smiled, nodded and told him well done. However, he was only too happy to chat away, as too was his wife. He is a genuinely super guy. We ended up talking between us all for ages. When I told him how jealous my son will be when I tell him about meeting him, Theo suggested we take a photo together to show him. We also joked about how he should try and finish top scorer.

He seems to have a genuine love for the club and respect for SCP. He said he hopes to get more game time and make his time with us a success.

I have a lot of respect for the guy and really hope this performance is something he can build on.

So many of the current crop of players ARE good guys; and credit for that must go to paul Sturrock, Phil Brown and Chris Powell for following the Sir Alex Ferguson mantra for dressing room harmony of "get rid of the ####s."

You chose a great day for your visit OS, great to hear about Theo's desire. Hope you got to see the pre kick off ex player intro's too. I had to run on between Tilly and Dave being intro'd as we only just got to the tunnel in time and the script I'd provided included an intro for Paul Byrne who was a 'no show' - now that would have been embarassing had he read that out!

Certainly did choose a good game. Sadly I didn't make it for the ex-players intros.

I did meet Tilly and Dave Martin in the car park before the game though.

Great post 'Overseas'.

What happened in the end with your son who was going to be a mascot for the postponed Oldham game. Did the club rebook him for another match?

It now turns out our best bit of January business was Theo refusing to go to Col U. A decision which any man should be given credit for of course.

Great post 'Overseas'.

What happened in the end with your son who was going to be a mascot for the postponed Oldham game. Did the club rebook him for another match?

We could have re-booked. The club offered any solution that worked for us. Unfortunately it there weren't any home games I could get my son over for until the end of the season. Maybe next season.

So this weekend I made one of my rare visits to Roots Hall and brought my travel companion with me. She had never seen a live football match before and wasn't quite sure what to expect and if she'd like the experience. Her immediate impression was one of surprise in a good way. I said, "I just hope you get to see us score a goal."

Seeing 4 goals was something else. Seeing Theo score a hat-trick was remarkable. She's of the thespian variety and likened the drama of the game and the participation of crowd to theatre.

After the game we went to eat at Nandos. Who sits at the table next to us? None other than the afore mentioned Mr Robinson himself, along with his wife and children.

Not wanting to bother him too much while he was with his family, I smiled, nodded and told him well done. However, he was only too happy to chat away, as too was his wife. He is a genuinely super guy. We ended up talking between us all for ages. When I told him how jealous my son will be when I tell him about meeting him, Theo suggested we take a photo together to show him. We also joked about how he should try and finish top scorer.

He seems to have a genuine love for the club and respect for SCP. He said he hopes to get more game time and make his time with us a success.

I have a lot of respect for the guy and really hope this performance is something he can build on.

The perfect game to attend and all for the amazing ticket price of £0 :smile:

We could have re-booked. The club offered any solution that worked for us. Unfortunately it there weren't any home games I could get my son over for until the end of the season. Maybe next season.

Sounds good and also sounds like the club tried to help.

Hopefully next season, as you say. :thumbsup:

If Theo wasn't eating an extra hot then quite frankly he is not fit to wear the shirt.

Back