• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Makes up for the inevitable 4-0 defeats to Oldham and Bradford on the road in the next two.

Nice one manor, keep it up.
:smile:

A fantastic result with so many positives: improving the goal difference; both strikers scoring to boost their confidence; another clean sheet and with a young defence; Dru apparently running the show; being 3-0 up so the manager can blood another youth team product.

Whilst we can enjoy it and get carried away, CP shouldn't. It sounds like they missed loads of chances and we need to remember that the two teams we've thrashed in the last few days are in all probability going to be relegated to League Two. But whilst the squad still needs an overhaul I can see real progress and a brighter future.

Our target for next year needs to be cup run(s) whilst consolidating in the league and turning the youths into first team regulars like CP has done with last night's star man. As for Dru a second season dip is all but inevitable for him, but we shouldn't be too disillusioned with such set-backs and need to bear with him. His development won't be a straight line but it will be rewarding.

there is always one that can find negatives after a 3-0 away win!:nope:
He was there and we all have a view, IMO he is correct about Theo, many, many times his first touch is worse than Sunday League, it’s heavy and the ball moves away from him, good result we need a decent striker to go with Cox in the summer.

He was there and we all have a view, IMO he is correct about Theo, many, many times his first touch is worse than Sunday League, it’s heavy and the ball moves away from him, good result we need a decent striker to go with Cox in the summer.
ok mate nice one

Sometimes they were so bad they end up in the net or at feet of Simon Cox who put them in the net.

There is a footballer there .......... and 4 goals in 2 games is rather good ......... all praise to Theo. I was there chanting is name last night and on Saturday .............. but that doesn't mean that I put blinkers over my eyes. Theo has had multiple chances and not impressed and has weaknesses ........... I just hope that this (along with a good pre-season) is the start of something rather lovely. :thumbsup:

One big positive however; that was our first (and last) double of the season!

That's two seasons running now that we've beaten them home and away without conceding a goal.

Also, this season's wins were both following the postponement of the original fixtures.

5 goals in 3 games is awful. God knows why Powell persists in playing him eh

Not much to add to the above, the conditions were awful due to persistent heavy rain in Manchester. The game was much more even than the 3-0 scoreline suggests, they were a shot-shy team whereas we took our chances well.

Considering that at the start of the season, only 3 of those who started last night would have been considered part of our 1st XI (Oxley, McLaughlin, Cox) this was a very good performance. The makeshift back 4 kept a clean sheet and Yearwood and Mantom (who looked a bit rusty) ran the midfield. Robinson looks a different animal to the player we had earlier this season - amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

The only downside for me is Harrison - I"m really not sure why we're persisting with him unless Powell has got his eyes on someone better from Spurs for next season and wants to prove to them that he'll play loan players. Although this was by no means his worst performance for us, he's really way too lightweight and doesn't want to get his shorts dirty for the cause. I would have rather given young Lewis Gard 90 minutes. Even Lapado looked better when he came on!

Anyway, don't want to take the gloss off an excellent performance and result away from home. It's about time!

Forgot to mention the "great towel incident". All very reminiscent of Macclesfield. :sad:

Oldham get up to our box and get a throw in. Over comes their player, is given a towel by the ball boy, dries the ball and then launches it into our penalty box.

Then we get a throw in near the half way line and we (Elvis I think) asks for a towel (well, I think that is what he was doing). No towel is forthcoming and there is a couple of minutes discussion between the ref and the managers before the game continues. No more towels make an appearance for the remainder of the game.

Cheating is a harsh word. Bending the rules some might say. Good on the referee for putting an end to that malarkey I say. :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention the "great towel incident". All very reminiscent of Macclesfield. :sad:

Oldham get up to our box and get a throw in. Over comes their player, is given a towel by the ball boy, dries the ball and then launches it into our penalty box.

Then we get a throw in near the half way line and we (Elvis I think) asks for a towel (well, I think that is what he was doing). No towel is forthcoming and there is a couple of minutes discussion between the ref and the managers before the game continues. No more towels make an appearance for the remainder of the game.

Cheating is a harsh word. Bending the rules some might say. Good on the referee for putting an end to that malarkey I say. :thumbsup:
They got their comeuppence 3.0

Back