• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone watch the Tranmere vs Borehamwood play off final? Thought that Bruno Andrade of Borehamwood looked pretty useful and is still young.

I live nearby to Borehamwood and therefore have been down to see them a few times this year and Andrade has looked class every time I've seen him. In my opinion he would be a very good signing and could make the step up, however I think we might have to pay more then £50k. He was heavily linked to Pompey in January so wouldn't be surprised if they come in again aswell.

Harry Pritchard? Left winger, supporters' player of the season, players' player of the season and golden boot winner for Maidenhead this year. 25 years old.

Plays on the left, but cuts in and scores goals with his right foot....

If that's true then it's likely to be either Sam Barratt or Nana Owusu......

Sam Barratt would look to be a great signing..............if it happened. A non-league player, whose promise has already been identified and is strongly tipped to play at a higher level.

http://www.just-football.com/2016/0...denhead-starlet-wanted-bristol-rovers-oxford/

Would also put Bristol Rovers nose out of joint (Oxford as well, if you believe the article), as they had him on trial and would probably be interested in signing him up. Maidenhead managed by Alan Devonshire......could there be links between him and CP?

Sam Barratt would look to be a great signing..............if it happened. A non-league player, whose promise has already been identified and is strongly tipped to play at a higher level.

http://www.just-football.com/2016/0...denhead-starlet-wanted-bristol-rovers-oxford/

Would also put Bristol Rovers nose out of joint (Oxford as well, if you believe the article), as they had him on trial and would probably be interested in signing him up. Maidenhead managed by Alan Devonshire......could there be links between him and CP?

I think if Oxford or Brizzle were interested in him in Aug 2016 they may have made a move by now.

The link between Devonshire and CP will be Roger Cross (our chief scout).

Simple question, Is the transfer window period now open? or are all talks etc just agreements being sought before any deal can be done?
Surely the season isn't over until play offs are finished?

Simple question, Is the transfer window period now open? or are all talks etc just agreements being sought before any deal can be done?

Technically players don't become ours until 30 June I think, any deal done now will be a pre-contract agreement.

Along with the changes to bring deadline day before the season starts, the transfer window opens on 17th May (Thursday) this year.

Technically players don't become ours until 30 June I think, any deal done now will be a pre-contract agreement.
But as Jai says, most of the deals we'll be doing will be to sign someone who's out of contract and will join after their contract ends on 30th June.

If another club is happy not to pay their wages and we are happy to pay them while they're away on holiday (which wouldn't make much sense for the buying club), then a deal could be done from Thursday.

Along with the changes to bring deadline day before the season starts, the transfer window opens on 17th May (Thursday) this year.

But as Jai says, most of the deals we'll be doing will be to sign someone who's out of contract and will join after their contract ends on 30th June.

If another club is happy not to pay their wages and we are happy to pay them while they're away on holiday (which wouldn't make much sense for the buying club), then a deal could be done from Thursday.

So could a team in the Play Offs sign someone on Thursday and play them straightaway?

I was talking to my 11 year old son today about new signings, but he said before we sign any new players the first addition that the club desperately needs are some new white nets for the goals, so he can see when the ball goes in! Apparently, the dark nets are driving him mad! To be fair I do know what he means!!

Could we be the first club to make a signing as opposed to being the last ,it would make a pleasant change .:smile::happy:

Imagine if PB had made a signing this early. People would be saying it should have been even earlier, that PB is no good at marathons and PB out. Double standards on here sometimes.

Last edited:
well, now what do we do. First signing in May, MAY I ask you. That's robbed us of about 10 weeks of moaning about lack of signings and about 20+ pages of it on here:nope: Come on Southend, this is not the done thing, it's not cricket:smile:

well, now what do we do. First signing in May, MAY I ask you. That's robbed us of about 10 weeks of moaning about lack of signings and about 20+ pages of it on here:nope: Come on Southend, this is not the done thing, it's not cricket:smile:

Absolutely ***** thing to do. Loved all the postings last year about how marvellous and splendid Bury were compared to us ........... gave the whole season an extra gloss seeing Bury in the relegation zone for much of the time (not that I have anything against Bury per se).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back