Likes Likes:  237
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 576

Thread: 2018 summer transfer thread

  1. #331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    Simple question, Is the transfer window period now open? or are all talks etc just agreements being sought before any deal can be done?
    Surely the season isn't over until play offs are finished?
    Technically players don't become ours until 30 June I think, any deal done now will be a pre-contract agreement.

    Buy All At Sea online

    @allatseafanzine

    All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

  2. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    Simple question, Is the transfer window period now open? or are all talks etc just agreements being sought before any deal can be done?
    Surely the season isn't over until play offs are finished?
    Along with the changes to bring deadline day before the season starts, the transfer window opens on 17th May (Thursday) this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Technically players don't become ours until 30 June I think, any deal done now will be a pre-contract agreement.
    But as Jai says, most of the deals we'll be doing will be to sign someone who's out of contract and will join after their contract ends on 30th June.

    If another club is happy not to pay their wages and we are happy to pay them while they're away on holiday (which wouldn't make much sense for the buying club), then a deal could be done from Thursday.

  3. #333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manor15 View Post
    Along with the changes to bring deadline day before the season starts, the transfer window opens on 17th May (Thursday) this year.


    But as Jai says, most of the deals we'll be doing will be to sign someone who's out of contract and will join after their contract ends on 30th June.

    If another club is happy not to pay their wages and we are happy to pay them while they're away on holiday (which wouldn't make much sense for the buying club), then a deal could be done from Thursday.
    So could a team in the Play Offs sign someone on Thursday and play them straightaway?

  4. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C V Shrimper View Post
    So could a team in the Play Offs sign someone on Thursday and play them straightaway?
    Not sure on that one but think the EFL’s squad registration rules might prevent it.

  5. #335

    Default

    I was talking to my 11 year old son today about new signings, but he said before we sign any new players the first addition that the club desperately needs are some new white nets for the goals, so he can see when the ball goes in! Apparently, the dark nets are driving him mad! To be fair I do know what he means!!

  6. #336
    Director
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ON MY ASS IN FRONT OF COMPUTER
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Could we be the first club to make a signing as opposed to being the last ,it would make a pleasant change .

  7. #337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalowolf View Post
    Could we be the first club to make a signing as opposed to being the last ,it would make a pleasant change .
    Imagine if PB had made a signing this early. People would be saying it should have been even earlier, that PB is no good at marathons and PB out. Double standards on here sometimes.
    Last edited by NZamba Legend; 15-05-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    With chips in his pocket. Just waiting for the chance to get into the game.

  8. #338

    Default

    well, now what do we do. First signing in May, MAY I ask you. That's robbed us of about 10 weeks of moaning about lack of signings and about 20+ pages of it on here Come on Southend, this is not the done thing, it's not cricket

  9. #339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldblue View Post
    well, now what do we do. First signing in May, MAY I ask you. That's robbed us of about 10 weeks of moaning about lack of signings and about 20+ pages of it on here Come on Southend, this is not the done thing, it's not cricket
    Absolutely ***** thing to do. Loved all the postings last year about how marvellous and splendid Bury were compared to us ........... gave the whole season an extra gloss seeing Bury in the relegation zone for much of the time (not that I have anything against Bury per se).
    Last edited by Ricey; 16-05-2018 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Swear filter avoidance

  10. #340

  11. #341

    Default

    Still trying to get over the brilliant shock of us tying with Peterborough to be the first clubs to sign anyone in our league in May. Brilliant, what a turnaround, let's hope they keep on coming. I see Peterborough picked up two freebies from Accrington and Mansfield from the lower reaches.

  12. #342
    Sonny_Jokes Jonny_Stokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In denial - the crocs are terrible.
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Heard a muttering that you’re looking at ex-Norwich midfielder Ebou Adams, who spent the second half of last season at Orient (and whom we’re unsuccessfully trying to bring in on a permanent deal).
    Wheeeeeen yooouuu paid four million pounds
    But you don't own the ground
    That's Becchetti...

  13. #343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Stokes View Post
    Heard a muttering that you’re looking at ex-Norwich midfielder Ebou Adams, who spent the second half of last season at Orient (and whom we’re unsuccessfully trying to bring in on a permanent deal).
    Interesting. How would you describe this midfielder? E.g. creative, attacking. Plays centrally I am guessing.

  14. #344
    Sonny_Jokes Jonny_Stokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In denial - the crocs are terrible.
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus Norvegicus View Post
    Interesting. How would you describe this midfielder? E.g. creative, attacking. Plays centrally I am guessing.
    Combative central midfielder. Loves a 50-50 tackle and can play a fair bit as well. Inconsistent on occasion but generally head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch except Bonne and our right back Sam Ling. Put our other, more experienced centre mids to shame for the most part. Currently a League Two standard player IMHO, but with plenty of scope to improve. Small gamble for you; key signing for any National League side. Reckon he might end up at the Ewes.
    Wheeeeeen yooouuu paid four million pounds
    But you don't own the ground
    That's Becchetti...

  15. #345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Stokes View Post
    Combative central midfielder. Loves a 50-50 tackle and can play a fair bit as well. Inconsistent on occasion but generally head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch except Bonne and our right back Sam Ling. Put our other, more experienced centre mids to shame for the most part. Currently a League Two standard player IMHO, but with plenty of scope to improve. Small gamble for you; key signing for any National League side. Reckon he might end up at the Ewes.
    Not heard anything about him down here, so that means its a certainty he is coming! Mind you we have a decent midfield already despite several players leaving, but Harry Pell is joining us from Cheltenham on a 3 year deal he looks to be a decent player.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors