• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Couldn't see one started yet so thought we could start discussion, any players you'd like us to look at or ship out? I know from a source close to Powell that he would like to ship a few out, which I assume means quite a few in too.

I'll chuck a name out there:

Manny Duku, 37 goals in 42 starts for Hayes and Yeading. Division's top scorer. 25 years of age from Netherlands. scored in 26 consecutive games this season. Colchester are apparently interested and I would have thought we could offer more than them?

There is a similar thread already so can't we wait until after the Bristol game. Besides 10 days ago CP wasn't up to it and mass clear outs were needed. Today none of that is needed because Oldham couldn't finish under pressure. Might all change again this Saturday.

There is a similar thread already so can't we wait until after the Bristol game. Besides 10 days ago CP wasn't up to it and mass clear outs were needed. Today none of that is needed because Oldham couldn't finish under pressure. Might all change again this Saturday.

If there is a thread like this already please feel free to merge it mods. I did go through the 1st couple of pages and could not find one though.

You might not be interested yet Rigsby so you can always ignore it, much like I ignore most of your conspiracy theory tripe :smile:

If there is a thread like this already please feel free to merge it mods. I did go through the 1st couple of pages and could not find one though.

You might not be interested yet Rigsby so you can always ignore it, much like I ignore most of your conspiracy theory tripe :smile:

Try looking at the what needs to happen next season thread.

You like to comment on that tripe so obviously you don't ignore it.

Couldn't see one started yet so thought we could start discussion, any players you'd like us to look at or ship out? I know from a source close to Powell that he would like to ship a few out, which I assume means quite a few in too.

Manny Duku, 37 goals in 42 starts for Hayes and Yeading. Division's top scorer. 25 years of age from Netherlands. scored in 26 consecutive games this season. Colchester are apparently interested and I would have thought we could offer more than them?

Rather like Freddy Ladapo was banging 'em in at Margate a couple of seasons back? Nah.

There's a huge step up between non-league and league football. A few make it (Vardy/Eastwood) but most fall by the wayside.

Another potential source of players is from the clubs that are going down to Division 4 and those players not getting games in the division above. Quite happy with that approach. :thumbsup:

"Most" being the key word on my previous post.

Make you right on the "what needs to happen next season thread" though

What needs to happen and a Transfer thread are two separate things. We always have a summer transfer thread so this will stay as is.

What needs to happen and a Transfer thread are two separate things. We always have a summer transfer thread so this will stay as is.

Not disputing that. Its just we have not finished this season so all the posts from the current thread will be forgotten as it was about players in or out rather than should we open the South Upper tea bar for next season.

Not disputing that. Its just we have not finished this season so all the posts from the current thread will be forgotten as it was about players in or out rather than should we open the South Upper tea bar for next season.

I understand that but in terms of promotion/relegation etc, the season is over. People will post in both as they’re different topics of discussion. Have no fear Riggers!

Anyway back on topic, I would love to see us sign John Akinde, always been a fan.

Anyway back on topic, I would love to see us sign John Akinde, always been a fan.

Had a quick look at his age because he seems to have been around ages, still only 28 though so got a few yrs in him. Still a year on his contract, not sure if we would be paying the sort of fee they would probably ask for (and get from other clubs)

Never seen him play but we do get certain names suggested every summer. Last year it was Ricky £250,000 Miller. Or the lad from the Essex Senior who went to Gills.

Whilst we did obviously very well from signing Freddie some time back he was highly rated and had quite a few clubs after him. In recent times what with lads staying much longer with their academies it seems harder to get value from non league when it come to strikers.

If we were to go as low as Hayes and Yeading then why not just stick to our own academy players. The cost of signing, paying and coaching to the required level for the likes of Miller can pay for a whole team of 17/18 year olds with the likes of Dru, Elvis, Wabo etc in their ranks.

To me that's not only better value but much more pleasing as a fan. It also gives the older first team pros a lift and more of a sense of team spirit and belonging to the club.

Back