• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What makes you think Cox will do well under Powell's management?

Because Cox is a confidence player and Powell is an "arm around the shoulder" manager, unlike Brown who during most of last season took every opportunity to criticise his players in the public domain. Hardly conducive to confident performances. Cox certainly has the ability, provided he fits well into the system he'll be a big asset next year if he stays.

reading on the blackpool site Vassels contract exspires on the 30th of june So never say never it could still happen .

I’ve decided to read this as possible good news about Lyle Taylor:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/dons-offered-lyle-taylor-exceptional-contract-but-expected-to-sign-for-league-one-rival/

Nobody from Wimbledon could conceivably describe Sunderland as a ‘slightly’ bigger league one club, surely, so I reckon he’s the next one in! :smile:

Wouldn't imagine Wimbledon would consider us to be a "slightly bigger" side to them so I'd imagine that would still be Sunderland .

I'll be shocked if he's talking about Bristol Rovers though ! :hilarious:

Charlton would be a slightly bigger club and are interested in him.

I think we need another senior central midfielder and at least one striker, top priority being a target man. The question is which of the young players are ready to step up to be in and around the squad. if none we might want another centre mid, if one is then that's sorted. could do with another wide player maybe depending on Barrett/the youths.
Then I think we're pretty much done aren't we?

I think we need another senior central midfielder and at least one striker, top priority being a target man. The question is which of the young players are ready to step up to be in and around the squad. if none we might want another centre mid, if one is then that's sorted. could do with another wide player maybe depending on Barrett/the youths.
Then I think we're pretty much done aren't we?

Another CM, a CF and a versatile midfielder who can play both CM and wide mid.

I agree. I always think it’s good to have at least 2 players in each position to make sure there is enough cover, of course as long as money allows. We seem to be getting there:

Oxley
Smith

Demi
Elvis

Turner
Lennon
White
Keirnan
Ferdinand

Coker
Kyprianou

McLaughlin
Barratt

Yearwood
Mantom

Kightly

Cox???
Hopper
Robinson
Wabo

Hopefully I haven’t forgotten anyone, correct me if I’m wrong. It looks like we are set in defence, of course depending on what’s happens to kiernan and Ferdinand. However it looks like we need 2 more CM’s, 1 winger and a target man, and maybe one more experienced striker if cox was to go which I hope he doesn’t. Of course I’d be more than happy if there was youth players ready to step up such as Dru and Elvis to fill those gaps, but if not we still have a bit of work to do, a very good start in my opinion though :thumbsup:

I agree. I always think it’s good to have at least 2 players in each position to make sure there is enough cover, of course as long as money allows. We seem to be getting there:

Oxley
Smith

Demi
Elvis

Turner
Lennon
White
Keirnan
Ferdinand

Coker
Kyprianou

McLaughlin
Barratt

Yearwood
Mantom

Kightly

Cox???
Hopper
Robinson
Wabo

Hopefully I haven’t forgotten anyone, correct me if I’m wrong. It looks like we are set in defence, of course depending on what’s happens to kiernan and Ferdinand. However it looks like we need 2 more CM’s, 1 winger and a target man, and maybe one more experienced striker if cox was to go which I hope he doesn’t. Of course I’d be more than happy if there was youth players ready to step up such as Dru and Elvis to fill those gaps, but if not we still have a bit of work to do, a very good start in my opinion though :thumbsup:
I notice that BA dosent get a mention as an attacker.

I'm sure that Kyprianou is more of a centre back than anything else so he needs to be listed there.
The one guy I can think of who has been forgotten is Hendrie. Good player in my eyes

Think we need another centre midfielder if not 2 more, and add a vassell in the strike force and il be happy

I'm sure that Kyprianou is more of a centre back than anything else so he needs to be listed there.
The one guy I can think of who has been forgotten is Hendrie. Good player in my eyes

I agree. He was good for us on loan when Coker was injured and was on the books of a Premier League club so obviously has some talent. Even last season he put some great balls into the box. I think he’s just low on confidence, needs an arm round the shoulder and a run of games, with us or on loan.

There’s no doubt he was poor at times last season but look at the change in fortunes for Theo Robinson as a reminder that you shouldn’t write people off too early.

Oxley
Smith

Demi
Elvis

Turner
Lennon
White
Keirnan
Ferdinand

Coker
Kyprianou

McLaughlin
Barratt

Yearwood
Mantom

Kightly

Cox???
Hopper
Robinson
Wabo

Think you've missed Hendrie off ...

We definitely need another 2 CM ... one holding and someone versityle who can also play out wide

And if we can add a decent striker we should be looking good .

Although I'd defiantly bump Ferdinand and get another CB

I agree. He was good for us on loan when Coker was injured and was on the books of a Premier League club so obviously has some talent. Even last season he put some great balls into the box. I think he’s just low on confidence, needs an arm round the shoulder and a run of games, with us or on loan.

There’s no doubt he was poor at times last season but look at the change in fortunes for Theo Robinson as a reminder that you shouldn’t write people off too early.

Let's not get too carried away calling him the next Marek Szmid.

Rest of your post is spot on, although I wonder if there is room for him in the squad and if he'll rehabilitate his confidence elsewhere.

Think you've missed Hendrie off ...

We definitely need another 2 CM ... one holding and someone versityle who can also play out wide

And if we can add a decent striker we should be looking good .

Although I'd defiantly bump Ferdinand and get another CB

We would have Turner, White, Kyp and Lennon at CB even if Kiernan doesn’t play and Ferdinand goes. I would rather see us bring in extra options either in midfield or upfront.

If Cox stays I hope we can find a big lump forward who can give us something different to Theo, Hopper and Cox. If Cox is leaving we would need two more upfront.

I agree with midfield we need different options and different styles so we can change things around when necessary. Have we got any youth players who play CM that can cover injuries off the bench? If not we may need more than 2.

Back