• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

851.jpg

Dorian Dervite

Thanks. Maybe it's because I was thinking we were discussing midfielders and he was wearing 4, maybe it was the rain flattening his hair or the un-Dorian Dervite stance he's in (Dervite was such an upright, elegant centre-half) but didn't recognise him there:stunned:

Hooper was a teenager when he was with us before and was more often than not played out wide by Tilson anyway. He would destroy L1 if it's him, far too good for this level at his age. It's likely not Hooper anyway as he'd be way too expensive for us. More likely to be Lenny on loan I would think, although I'd be more than happy with Granty if he came back - my Posh mate says he was one of their best players last season.

Yep I heard the same and that he has fallen out with Evans, two reasons to want him back

Dervite and Grant would be a fantastic pair of signings. Both would drastically improve the side and would definitely get some real excitement brewing for next season. Granty is the perfect midfield partner for Dru to enable him to drive forward as he does without worrying too much about the tracking back.

Make it happen CP!

Id like to see Granty back. He scored 10 goals in 140 appearances for us but has only managed 5 since over the past 6 seasons. I dont know if thats because he has adopted or been forced to play further back though, but maybe the goal-scoring magic dust for him and Dru could kick off next season ? He is 30 though but with bags of experience having moved around this league quite a bit

If we're looking to get younger then I'm not sure Dervite and Grant are the answer, fine players that they are (or at least were).

Dervitte is only 29, that's not ancient by any means.

He's not ancient, but Chris Powell said he wanted to get the team younger. In a squad of kids he'd make loads of sense but that's not what we have at centre-half. Maybe if Ferdinand is moved on and Turner doesn't re-sign.

If we're looking to get younger then I'm not sure Dervite and Grant are the answer, fine players that they are (or at least were).

Both are younger than those they would be replacing in the first team (Ferdinand and Timlin) so we would be getting younger
As we have replaced a 30 year old with a 22 year old on the wing and shipped out two 29 year olds too the age appears to be coming down rather well

Back