Likes Likes:  570
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 summer transfer thread

Default 2018 summer transfer thread

Couldn't see one started yet so thought we could start discussion, any players you'd like us to look at or ship out? I know from a source close to Powell that he would like to ship a few out, which I assume means quite a few in too.

I'll chuck a name out there:

Manny Duku, 37 goals in 42 starts for Hayes and Yeading. Division's top scorer. 25 years of age from Netherlands. scored in 26 consecutive games this season. Colchester are apparently interested and I would have thought we could offer more than them?
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

There is a similar thread already so can't we wait until after the Bristol game. Besides 10 days ago CP wasn't up to it and mass clear outs were needed. Today none of that is needed because Oldham couldn't finish under pressure. Might all change again this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    There is a similar thread already so can't we wait until after the Bristol game. Besides 10 days ago CP wasn't up to it and mass clear outs were needed. Today none of that is needed because Oldham couldn't finish under pressure. Might all change again this Saturday.
    If there is a thread like this already please feel free to merge it mods. I did go through the 1st couple of pages and could not find one though.

You might not be interested yet Rigsby so you can always ignore it, much like I ignore most of your conspiracy theory tripe
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    If there is a thread like this already please feel free to merge it mods. I did go through the 1st couple of pages and could not find one though.

You might not be interested yet Rigsby so you can always ignore it, much like I ignore most of your conspiracy theory tripe
    Try looking at the what needs to happen next season thread.

You like to comment on that tripe so obviously you don't ignore it.

Couldn't see one started yet so thought we could start discussion, any players you'd like us to look at or ship out? I know from a source close to Powell that he would like to ship a few out, which I assume means quite a few in too.

I'll chuck a name out there:

Manny Duku, 37 goals in 42 starts for Hayes and Yeading. Division's top scorer. 25 years of age from Netherlands. scored in 26 consecutive games this season. Colchester are apparently interested and I would have thought we could offer more than them?
    Rather like Freddy Ladapo was banging 'em in at Margate a couple of seasons back? Nah.

There's a huge step up between non-league and league football. A few make it (Vardy/Eastwood) but most fall by the wayside.

Another potential source of players is from the clubs that are going down to Division 4 and those players not getting games in the division above. Quite happy with that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Rather like Freddy Ladapo was banging 'em in at Margate a couple of seasons back? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    There's a huge step up between non-league and league football. A few make it (Vardy/Eastwood) but most fall by the wayside.
    Yep totally agree, massive step up. Would be a gamble
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

"Most" being the key word on my previous post.

Make you right on the "what needs to happen next season thread" though
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

What needs to happen and a Transfer thread are two separate things. We always have a summer transfer thread so this will stay as is.

"Most" being the key word on my previous post.

Make you right on the "what needs to happen next season thread" though.
    Thought you were looking sharp on Saturday Ricky - lost that hair though, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus Norvegicus View Post
    Thought you were looking sharp on Saturday Ricky - lost that hair though, eh!
    Hate to shatter the Illusion but I am not the real Ricky Otto, just a fan. I'm not even Black
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    What needs to happen and a Transfer thread are two separate things. We always have a summer transfer thread so this will stay as is.
    Not disputing that. Its just we have not finished this season so all the posts from the current thread will be forgotten as it was about players in or out rather than should we open the South Upper tea bar for next season.

Not disputing that. Its just we have not finished this season so all the posts from the current thread will be forgotten as it was about players in or out rather than should we open the South Upper tea bar for next season.
    I understand that but in terms of promotion/relegation etc, the season is over. People will post in both as they’re different topics of discussion. Have no fear Riggers!

Anyway back on topic, I would love to see us sign John Akinde, always been a fan.