Likes Likes:  550
Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by bess30 View Post
    What’s all that about on Lyle Taylor’s Twitter , tweeting Hey to Chrissy Powell
    That would be a parody account, unfortunately. Begs the question who has enough spare time to run a parody account of a fairly innocuous L1 footballer

Whats his twitter handle?
    Billericay Shrimper

It's on the Echo website that we are one of a number of interested clubs.

He has played up north but would imagine he would be settled down south now. Reckon Powell has made him his number one target to replace Cox.
    "Within 45 minutes, pound of petrol, half a lager, I was in her knickers'- Roy McDonough

A Wimbledon ST holder mate of mine thinks heís well overrated. Letís not go overboard here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzashrimper View Post
    A Wimbledon ST holder mate of mine thinks he’s well overrated. Let’s not go overboard here!!!
    A fellow Womble in my office is of the same opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by West Stand Wes View Post
    That would be a parody account, unfortunately. Begs the question who has enough spare time to run a parody account of a fairly innocuous L1 footballer
    There's a few on Shrimperzone ;-)

there's a few people (myself included) that have a similar opinion about Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Napster View Post
    Spent a season here in Australia after being released by Swansea. Couldn't get a game in the first team and didn't seem to be anything special. Not sure how that translates to League 1 though.

I just checked it myself, seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by BriggBlue View Post
    there's a few people (myself included) that have a similar opinion about Cox
    You must be in the minority then. If you canít see what Simon Cox brings to the table then you need to watch more football.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by West Stand Wes View Post
    Maybe ask Quiet White? That's not only a parody but also a not very nice one towards others.

Why has Taylor got to be a replacement for Cox? We're already needing a replacement for Fortune so why not Cox and Taylor together?

Quote Originally Posted by the_saafender View Post
    You must be in the minority then. If you can’t see what Simon Cox brings to the table then you need to watch more football.
    Having watched every game on iFollow last season I view Cox as a hugely overrated, underachieving big name who we would be better off without. He doesn't score enough goals, creates few assists but sees too much of the ball without achieving much, to the detriment of other teammates.I hope he goes, his staying will only result in stagnation where we need fresh impetus.

If SCP signs his main goal-scoring target (not Taylor) Cox will be moving on this summer. If Cox was going to lead SCP's line next season he would have been made an acceptable offer already. My guess is that, finances permitting, Cox will wind up with a 2 year deal at Swindon with Timlin.