• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Luke Prosser came back we would be sending ourselves back to League two. White and Prosser has league two written all over it!

Luckily he definitely wouldn’t be a wow signing. Some good guesses with Leonard and O’Keefe. Can’t really think of anyone else.

Possibly Stuart O’keefe? Not sure what his contract situation at a Cardiff is but would have thought it be unlikely he’ll feature much there now they are back in the premier league. That said, I thought he did okay at Palace in the premier when given the chance and has been good for Pompey this season so much so reading a quick media article they want him there again next season.

Interesting views from some Pompey fans here. They don't seem too worried about having him back next season and according to them he's quite injury prone.
https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=737087

Not a former loan player. And returning as player not coach. No further clues as it might not prove very helpful to those trying to get deal done. Dare I say it though ... definitely a potential 'wow' signing.
Alex Woodyard?

Highly unlikely but what about Dominic Iorfa from Wolves on loan? Spent time with us at youth level before going to Wolves and spent last season out on loan at Ipswich and now with Wolves in the premier league he'll probably be on the loan list again. He can play right and centre back but being 6ft 4 (according to Wikipedia) I’d prefer him in the centre. Again it’s unlikly, I’d imagine plenty of championship clubs would be keen on him if he is to become available but worth a thought.

Former play, not on loan. Considered "wow"

Most likely someone over the age of 29/30. Not going to be someone coming up a league. Time to check the squads from 10 years ago.

It's time.

The return of Adam Bouzid!

I heard someone saying towards the end of the season that CP was interested in getting Jack Payne back.

Highly unlikely but what about Dominic Iorfa from Wolves on loan? Spent time with us at youth level before going to Wolves and spent last season out on loan at Ipswich and now with Wolves in the premier league he'll probably be on the loan list again. He can play right and centre back but being 6ft 4 (according to Wikipedia) I’d prefer him in the centre. Again it’s unlikly, I’d imagine plenty of championship clubs would be keen on him if he is to become available but worth a thought.

Nice idea, but I believe that Sheffield Utd have more than a passing interest in him.

Former play, not on loan. Considered "wow"

Most likely someone over the age of 29/30. Not going to be someone coming up a league. Time to check the squads from 10 years ago.

It's time.

The return of Adam Bouzid!

Okay so just gone back over the last 10 years or so and looked at player season who could still probably offer something and have come up with this list..

Ryan Lenoard
Stuart O’Keefe
Anthony Grant
Jack Payne (the ultimate wow)
BBBC (just for then nostalgia)
Cian Bolger
Gary Hooper

I’m sure there are others but here is a few.

Would Jack Payne really be a wow? He wouldn’t have made my team for majority of games last year...wouldn’t fancy him in a team with yesrwood and would much rather Yearwood over the little premadona

CP using his Huddersfield connections to bring Jack Payne back on loan?

This Jackie Payne you mean? (Cue gratuitious plug for SBH Chocolate Orange cartoons)
1503966_1376880249235020_1962794530_n.jpg

Would Jack Payne really be a wow? He wouldn’t have made my team for majority of games last year...wouldn’t fancy him in a team with yesrwood and would much rather Yearwood over the little premadona

Jack Payne and Dru Yearwood in the same team shouts quality to me. Dru could play in a deeper role with Jack playing behind a solo front man.

Back