• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have to say things look more positive

BTW Twitter has it that Kyle Taylor is having discussions next week with us, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers- hoping to make a decision next week allegedly..

BTW Twitter has it that Kyle Taylor is having discussions next week with us, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers- hoping to make a decision next week allegedly..

Have you got a link link to twitter for this? Thanks

Hutchinson was part of the England squad at 16s that went on to win the World Cup at 17s...not sure what happened to him at BHA but it’s clear something didn’t quite work out for him at the club which can happen to plenty of promising young players.
We picked him up through the open trials that Klass came through. I watched the trialists play our 23s and he was the stand out player on the pitch and obviously impressed. Browsing Spartas Prague’s forum using google translate it seems they have offered him a three year deal which he is contemplating.

Yes i shared this a few days back but it got overlooked due to the excitement regarding some fantasy signings- Hooper, Lenny, Payne et al.

He' been offered a 2 year deal- but has just been trailing with Sparta Prague.

Out of the 3, surely Sunderland would be favourites; unless he wants to stay down south!!

After 53 signings in our league to date Plymouth become the first club to bring in a player on loan, as they move into 2nd slot in the signings table with their 6th entrant. A season long loan for 21 year old Wolves keeper . Made me wonder whether Sir Chris with his contacts and knowledge might add to our squad this year through loanees.? I wouldn't say it has been very successful for us in the past , whereas a number of clubs hugely benefitted last year from their loanee arrangements

If it's just money we will lose out- but in the nicest possible way if your connections are in the south Sunderland might not be as attractive as purely football terms would suggest. Really does depend on the player and his circumstances. I think if we see somewhere near on the deal then we might have a better chance than imagined

Ive seen on Wimbldons transfer news that Kyle Taylor is set to rebuff the advances of Sunderland as he wants to stay in the south .But it also says Fat frys club seems to want him .Hope that's not so because we cant compet with the money bags club .

Ive seen on Wimbldons transfer news that Kyle Taylor is set to rebuff the advances of Sunderland as he wants to stay in the south .But it also says Fat frys club seems to want him .Hope that's not so because we cant compet with the money bags club .

They do pay fees to get younger players from particularly lower leagues which other L1 clubs are reluctant/unable to do. Taylor is on a free and I am not sure Peterborough necessary pay out of this world wages- is their wages budget really in a different world than us? Their league positions suggest otherwise

They do pay fees to get younger players from particularly lower leagues which other L1 clubs are reluctant/unable to do. Taylor is on a free and I am not sure Peterborough necessary pay out of this world wages- is their wages budget really in a different world than us? Their league positions suggest otherwise

Agree. They just have a different strategy on transfers.

The Echo, hard copy, has confirmed it's Mantom, subject to the medical. If he's ok then that's a great signing.

Great news.

I believe Sam Mantom has always been a key target for Chris Powell, and if he can reproduce the form that he consistently showed at Walsall he could be a terrific asset this season.

Think this Taylor signing if happens of course may spell the end of Cox, I think it's one or the other with the wages they both demand, hope I'm wrong:omg:

I am beginning to like this a lot. Think Mantom is a good signing. Probably only a couple of sgnings away from CP having the squad he wants.

Even with Mantom, we still need two CM, plus another wide player and one new striker plus Cox, or two if coxy leaves. Also at the back, assuming Anton leaves, we need another CB assuming Keirnon gets fit

Back