• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those of you who go far more regularly than i, what is it that has been making such a difference to the way we've been playing recently?

Didn’t realise but macca has 6 goals and 14 assists, so overall contributed 20 goals so far. To me macca has had a good season.

Had that one stolen off him at home to Bradford as well.

If Nile scored that, then I'm a Latvian!

For those of you who go far more regularly than i, what is it that has been making such a difference to the way we've been playing recently?

Think SCP has allowed the players to express themselves more and play with more freedom. Particularly at home although away has taken more time to get right. Last two games however we seem to have got it right. Also SCP man management of players has had a huge affect, players that looked under pressure are now playing with a smile on their faces and relaxed. Makes such a difference

We used to be known as a big bullying type side under Phil Brown. Now we seem to enjoy pace, mobility and work rate it seems. Will be very interesting this summer to see how this team changes. Or not !

There's several but the big difference for me is confidence. It's clear Powell is a big factor in this change.

Surprised at how little comment there is on here - a clear sign that things went well! My first visit to Bradford, parked quite easily in the roads around the ground, paused in front of the memorial to the 56 near the main doors. Reflection is important and those poor souls, in some cases, three generations of families and elderly husbands and wives, should never be forgotten.

On to the game, Bradford definitely seemed to be targeting our left side, but Elvis and Harry soaked it up and dealt with it pretty well on the whole. Bradford looked quite strong in the 1st half and there were a couple of those horrible moments where you're convinced they're going to score - they didn't, down to a couple of excellent stops from Ox and a seeming inability to hit the target. We battled well and had a couple of chances ourselves without looking too threatening.

The 2nd half though, a slight change in formation (and I think we were all wondering why the in form Robinson was taken off, but, hey, the boss was totally right!), bringing on Kightly for Robinson and suddenly we were looking more of a threat. JW managed to pop up at the opposite end to where he'd been working so hard and score a great header (how on earth did the bookies fail to pay out on it for so long, Kightly was nowhere near it?!!!), and then a great surging run from Dru after excellent work from Mantom, and Fortuné pops the ball over the keeper's head by way of a deflection.

After that, the Bradford team didn't know what to do with themselves. I think Ox pulled off another great double save and at full time, there we were with a 2-0 win. For a team still in with a chance of the play offs (as I think they were) I was surprised how easily we managed to get the result. Even Mr Kettle didn't do anything to obstruct us!

A great start to our weekend away!

Back