• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reasonably entertaining game for an end of season dead rubber (unless you consider Bradford having a mathematical chance for the play-offs). Great saves by Oxley (who's going to replace him?) Had to see that second goal again, when I saw it originally I was sure it was going well over the crossbar (By the Bradford fans reaction, I wasn't the only one!).......thanks for the deflection!
1f603.png

They all use the same source of data. what we used to call 'the teleprinter'. BBC, Sky and BT all showed Kightly as scorer. The BBC online write-up credited White in the report but the summary banner at the top (which obviously relies on the same feed) records Kightly.

And that source, for a League One game, is just one person - a PA Sport reporter. They'll have two for top flight games who can cross-check with one another, but in this instance, if the PA guys makes a mistake and that doesn't get flagged by others in the press box, then the mistake just runs and runs!

I've heard of a few John White first goalscorer backers who have been struggling to get paid out.

Yes, staff at the Press Association provide the updates, not Sky, BBC, etc.

It could have changed/developed since I worked there briefly back in 2011 but what happened was, someone was at the match and the guy at the PA was constantly on the phone with that person to type out the live stats. All you could hear were things like "can you confirm it was a shot on target", or "can you confirm what the yellow card was for". Bearing that in mind, I suppose because Kightly and White are vaguely similar sounding names it may have been lost in translation and as such could have been the reason for the mix-up yesterday.

The reporters were a bunch of young lads who looked to me like they were on work experience.

Another good double save from Oxley. How many times has he done that this season?

Massive improvement on last season

Even on Goal Rush last night it still stated Kightly in the result banner at the end, despite the summarizer saying White in his voiceover round-up. Interesting comments by 'Leo' and 'Kris' above that there are no cross-check options by the PA.

You'd think just asking the local radio guys at the ground would have solved any debate. I assume the PA fella and the BBC Radio reporters are in close proximity.

Even on Goal Rush last night it still stated Kightly in the result banner at the end, despite the summarizer saying White in his voiceover round-up. Interesting comments by 'Leo' and 'Kris' above that there are no cross-check options by the PA.

You'd think just asking the local radio guys at the ground would have solved any debate. I assume the PA fella and the BBC Radio reporters are in close proximity.

This has reminded me of a time, home to Bristol Rovers in 2003/04 - when I blagged my way in to the press box at Roots Hall - everyone is in close proximity there due to it being only slightly bigger than a sardine tin.

I can't remember the exact call made by the PA guy but, he made a wrong shout and the others in the box corrected him soon enough!

Back