• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The UK Towns & Cities With The Highest And Lowest Wages

Sadly, Southend is nothing more than a concrete jungle now. The high street is in decline. Multi occupancy buildings are being built everywhere. Traffic and pollution is at its worse and also Southend is one of the highest areas (and above the national average) for the older population and has a high level of Care homes in comparison to other towns.
The council seriously need to think about what they need to do to the town and interestingly are asking people for their views and ideas via their web site.
On the plus side - there is quite a good football team

Yet people think The Conservatives are going to help them.

The first thing that happens is Ann Holland should be removed as Executive Councillor for Culture, Tourism and The Economy (Deputy Leader).

She's hopeless

Sadly, Southend is nothing more than a concrete jungle now. The high street is in decline. Multi occupancy buildings are being built everywhere. Traffic and pollution is at its worse and also Southend is one of the highest areas (and above the national average) for the older population and has a high level of Care homes in comparison to other towns.
The council seriously need to think about what they need to do to the town and interestingly are asking people for their views and ideas via their web site.
On the plus side - there is quite a good football team

Sounds like a good title for a song.

How about a football stadium, 700 houses, a retail park, Hilton Hotel and cinema. Any town in Southends position would be absolutely mad to turn down a £400m project

Poor Beggars

I see in BBC news today that a recent study finds Southend surprisingly as the poorest waged community ( average take home pay ) in the UK, always seemed fairly posh to me ?

I see in BBC news today that a recent study finds Southend surprisingly as the poorest waged community ( average take home pay ) in the UK, always seemed fairly posh to me ?

Southend seems posh to most away fans. It wouldn't surprise me if a few people go missing for the return journey on most supporter coaches.

Excellent. Maybe the replacement will actually focus on Tourism

As far as I can see tourism only really benefits those who own seafront businesses.

Many of these employ kids and casual workers undoubtedly on minimum wage zero hour contracts and I have little doubt that when the weather turns bad they receive a phone call telling them there is no work this weekend.

The rest of us have to put up with congestion, pollution, littering and seafront traders whining about the lack of parking.

Im staying for a week in MK next Monday month, on a work training course. Hotel looks nice, which appears to be part of the MK Dons stadium

DoubleTree? Never stayed there (bar a work conference) but looks nice. Not a great deal around (unless you like the usual shops), but there is a cinema (Odeon). Bletchley however, is a **** hole.

DoubleTree? Never stayed there (bar a work conference) but looks nice. Not a great deal around (unless you like the usual shops), but there is a cinema (Odeon). Bletchley however, is a **** hole.

I am a Doubletree silver card holder.

Player.

Back