• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Love Coxy, I know he provides more than goals but for what he is allegedly paid you would expect more of a goal return. The goal return could be down to the brown style of play and we could see Cox hit over 20 next season. A few if's there though and you have to take into account the inevitable decline due to age at some point. I'm guessing Cox was after a contract similar to what he is on now and with a few years on it for security. I can see why we wouldn't be interested in that

Whilst that would depress any goalscorers stats it was actually something like 3 goals in 15 under Powell.

regardless of the money, we don't see that side of things, he will be a huge loss to the team and the club, genuinely gutted, but typifies the Ron Martin era...

The guy had good link up play and a great approach to the game but for a striker minus penalties He scored nowhere near enough to justify being a top earner and starter next season. Think we have made the right decision although not an easy one by playing hardball on hes contract offer i guess

regardless of the money, we don't see that side of things, he will be a huge loss to the team and the club, genuinely gutted, but typifies the Ron Martin era...

Yeah, I mean he's been a right tight arse in recent transfer windows hasn't he

Yeah, I mean he's been a right tight arse in recent transfer windows hasn't he

Ok smart arse genuinly name me a player who has been In contract and resigned when it ran out

I mean a genuinly good player that the fans wanted to stay ... not a bit party squad player

from my recollection I can’t remeber when a genuin asset has re signed on after their initial contract has ran down ?
maybe Coker ?

Ok smart arse genuinly name me a player who has been In contract and resigned when it ran out

I mean a genuinly good player that the fans wanted to stay ... not a bit party squad player

from my recollection I can’t remeber when a genuin asset has re signed on after their initial contract has ran down ?
maybe Coker ?

Timlin when he chose us over Millwall! And that was when he was one of the first names on the starting line up.

maybe Coker ?

Big Bad Barry Corr (the first time his contract run down).

As for the last time - Anton Ferdinand last season?

Yeah, disappointment among the junior contingent in my house too.

I was hoping he'd stay but in Chris Powell we trust.

...she replied saying if Coxy leaves, her favourite player will now be Mark Oxley......:unsure: :sad:

maybe Coker ?

Off the top of my head... McLaughlin, Timlin, Demetriou, Leonard, Hurst. All as you say “genuin assets” of the Martin era

Can't say I'm overly gutted about Cox leaving. Hasn't played particularly well in the last season - and never really looked like scoring. Likely to be on a huge wage, and I'm sure we can replace him. Perhaps he has made his millions in his Bitcoin business now! :stunned:

If Cox has moved on then it requires Chris Powell to provide someone new that can deliver the value that Cox bought to the side. I know he wasn't overly prolific on the goals front this season, but the effort and class that the bloke bought to the side made him a top man in my view. He also provided one of my favourite moments of recent years when he popped in that free kick against Walsall at Roots Hall to seal a 3-2 win.

Don’t bother me as C. Powell will get a hungry & young goal scorers in. Look how he rebuilt Charlton at League 1 & took them up in his first season! He have massive contract book to go & find players he need. Cox leaving will free up the wages.

On one hand I know CP will only look for a player that will work for the team like Cox does, thats just his ethos. On other hand the last striker he signed was Ladapo - this worries me a little...

Coxy was/is by far the best front man we've had for a long time in what he brought to the team.Quality players in league 1 are very hard to secure and seeing that he'd moved to the area we had a head start in a new contract negotiation .If he has gone a very poor start to the core of next seasons squad

Back