• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

King of desserts

Cannot abide creme caramel, it was my sister's favourite pud and we had it often when I was growing up. Always hated it, and usually just had a bit of fruit. A texture thing I think, not fond of milk puddings either.

Rhubarb and ginger is absolutely my favourite crumble, and crumble is definitely up there. My mum's lemon meringue is our top dessert in the family, but I'm partial to bread and butter pud too.

Cannot abide creme caramel, it was my sister's favourite pud and we had it often when I was growing up. Always hated it.

For me, my most hated as a child was a Sara Lee frozen strawberry cheesecake, never liked it from day one & it was always served at least a couple of times a week despite my many protests, even just thinking about it now makes me want to gag.

Luckily, we had a couple of apple and pear trees in our garden, this was my only respite during the summer when my mum made fresh homemade apple or pear crumble with custard. I dreaded the coming of autumn living in fear that at any moment the bloody Sara Lee cheesecake would once again make an entrance!

For me, my most hated as a child was a Sara Lee frozen strawberry cheesecake, never liked it from day one & it was always served at least a couple of times a week despite my many protests, even just thinking about it now makes me want to gag.

Luckily, we had a couple of apple and pear trees in our garden, this was my only respite during the summer when my mum made fresh homemade apple or pear crumble with custard. I dreaded the coming of autumn living in fear that at any moment the bloody Sara Lee cheesecake would once again make an entrance!

:hilarious::hilarious: I felt EXACTLY the same about the family sized pot of Black Cherry Ski yoghurt my mum used to buy in the 80's, those snotty lumps of cherry sliding down my 7year old gullet used to make me heave, bleurgh!!!

Tiramisu for summer, creme brulee for an end of epic meal (before cheese!), syrup spnge pud or roly poly with custard for autumn.
However a good Christmas pub with brandy cream is "up there".

Back