• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eurovision 2018

Used to be a good laugh when the late great Terry Wogan used to do the commentary. Now Graham Norton does it he really isn’t funny and ends up laughing at his own jokes. I only ever watched it for Terry!

I think Graham Norton is really good as a host.

Christ, it's a ***** song contest. No country in the world can match what we've done musically, not even the States. Most music that comes out of Europe is abysmal. Let them have their 5 minutes, we've gone The Beatles/The Stones/The Sex Pistols/The Stone Roses....etc etc etc.

Music has been around for more than the last 60 years....

Just a total joke, even our normally staunch allies, the Maltese didn't give us any points! I thought our song was ok this year, some of the utter tripe served up by other countries and yet, which was still marked much higher than us, proves yet again that our participation in this is pointless. Everybody hates us!

Indeed they don't. Next year why not try the Dockers stand male choir with their rather catchy favourite little number.

Well, I like the Eurovision Song Contest. It's a bit of a laugh, though has become a bit self obsessed of late.

Just on entry rules. It's not part of being in Europe that counts, it's being a member of the European Broadcasting Union, which is a different thing entirely.

That said, Australia are only an associate member, which doesn't normally allow them to enter the Eurovision events without an invite, which they received a few years back and have competed ever since, due to the interest in Australia for the competition.

Just as an aside, the Eurovision Song Contest is only the tip of the iceberg for Eurovision music competitions. There are loads of other categories organized by the EBU, to allow talent or a bit of fun for countries who don't get the musical/dance exposure worldwide that the UK do.

In short, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly is around here. :thumbsup:

Well, I like the Eurovision Song Contest. It's a bit of a laugh, though has become a bit self obsessed of late.

Just on entry rules. It's not part of being in Europe that counts, it's being a member of the European Broadcasting Union, which is a different thing entirely.

That said, Australia are only an associate member, which doesn't normally allow them to enter the Eurovision events without an invite, which they received a few years back and have competed ever since, due to the interest in Australia for the competition.

Just as an aside, the Eurovision Song Contest is only the tip of the iceberg for Eurovision music competitions. There are loads of other categories organized by the EBU, to allow talent or a bit of fun for countries who don't get the musical/dance exposure worldwide that the UK do.

In short, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly is around here. :thumbsup:

I believe, despite the half hearted mention by the Portuguese on Saturday, that the 2018 Eurovision Young musician is being held in Edinburgh in August, It will be hosted by the United Kingdom, for the first time since the inaugural contest in 1982.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Young_Musicians_2018

There's a place going spare in about a years time,they can have that if they want.:thumbsup:

Ha! Notice I specified Europe rather than the EU.The UK will,of course,still remain a member of Europe, (and presumably the Eurovision song contest), after Brexit.

I would have also thought that, on this particular day of all days,Israel would have more than enough on its hands without contemplating an EU membership bid as well.:winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
Between them, Ireland, Malta and Cyprus are always good for at least 10 points.... A Joke!!

I blame the Ozzies and Brexit!!

Why blame me!!:cry:
What have i done!!

Anyway,bring back Sandie Shaw,i still remember her winning it for us yonks ago.Watched it on the "box",with all the family in Elm Road,Leigh....1965???

Back