Likes Likes:  60
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sam Barratt - Signing confirmed

Post Blues boss Powell happy to bring in ‘unorthodox’ Sam

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is pleased to have made Sam Barratt his first signing of the summer - after months of tracking the winger.

More...

Villiers Terrace - I've been in a daze, for days.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out. He's signed before September, is ten years too young, got bags of pace and skill, and passes to people wearing the same colour shirt.
    You think I know **** nothing, well I'm telling you I know **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by E for B and Billy Best View Post
    I'm not sure how this is going to work out. He's signed before September, is ten years too young, got bags of pace and skill, and passes to people wearing the same colour shirt.
    What will people moan about on the post match threads?

Is he hungry though?

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    Fear not DWB, I'll find something if you insist on it.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    This from the Life President of The Post Match Moaners club, impressive!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

So he is young, strong, tall and no slouch. He can play on the left, the right and through the middle. He can score with his feet and his head, has a long throw and can pass well. Mrsblue must be purring like a puddy tat.

I watched some clips of him and his footwork is reminiscent of our Lord Freddy of Eastwood. If the pace of his brain is as fast as his feet then we will have a good player on our hands. Well done to the lad and good luck to him.

Looks a good signing to me. Mind you we've all said this before! Well done Chris for starting getting in replacements/signings this early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    This from the Life President of The Post Match Moaners club, impressive!!
    Cheeky. I didn't think I said many negative things on the post match thread about the players... The ref and Phil Brown yes, the players, no

That will never catch on.

Sam appears to be also a very good professional artist and runs a company called Ink and pencils

https://www.facebook.com/inkandpencils/

https://twitter.com/inkandpencils?lang=en

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ink-and-p...ratt-bb07a6129
    Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's got to be worth a punt on a couple of these type of players every season. It has worked for us in the past. Let's give him a couple of seasons to settle in a grow, before we start slagging him off as not good enough. Welcome to Southend Sam and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry.C View Post
    may I just add one................" ITS not club policy " to buy anyone from the lower leagues ( Riggers special )

Anyway all my dreams coming true, stupid club policy smashed, completely new recruitment team, sending more youngsters out on loan, Southend first into transfer market, Sir Chris P coming home, younger squad? it doesnt get much better

Please forgive a little chest pump and Ron, thanks for all of this and reading Shrimperzone for taking on board my posts
    How much did we pay for Sam then Bazza?

You tried that one about a week ago and people where happy to point out that we do sign players from lower leagues. CP even confirmed he was looking to do that at the Q&A evening. What he didn't say was I will be spending £250,000 on any Ricky Millers.

In fact what is our total spend in transfers in the last 10 years. Then compare that with our sales in that time.
    Last edited by rigsby; 17-05-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Sam Barratt is already my all time favourite player !

Too soon ?

Maidenhead fans are quite surprised by this one; they have another wide player (Harry Pritchard) whom they consider a far more league-ready prospect. FWIW from the one whole time I have seen Barrett play I would tend to agree with them, though he was up against one of our better players on the night. Nice left foot, mind. Reckon he’ll come good in time.
    Wheeeeeen yooouuu paid four million pounds
    But you don't own the ground
    That's Becchetti...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Stokes View Post
    Maidenhead fans are quite surprised by this one; they have another wide player (Harry Pritchard) whom they consider a far more league-ready prospect. FWIW from the one whole time I have seen Barrett play I would tend to agree with them, though he was up against one of our better players on the night. Nice left foot, mind. Reckon he’ll come good in time.
    Stop it , please ........