• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Supposedly the imminent signing mentioned in the Echo.

22-years-old, 5 goals, 9 assists in 32 games for Maidenhead this season and available on a free transfer.

Joined them from Bracknell Town in 2014 and this has been his first season as a regular in the team. Previously had trials with Bristol Rovers, Oxford and Crystal Palace.

Usually plays left wing but has also played up-front, off a centre-forward, on the right and central midfield.

[video=youtube;4zq4IWZud_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zq4IWZud_E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Youtube highlights fwiw (not much as who looks crap in their highlights reel?)

Shrimpers set to sign new winger

SOUTHEND United are close to completing their first signing of the summer, Echosport understands.

More...

Wow... its still May!? What is Powell doing of? This isnt the Southend way.

Looks decent on those clips and I love that he's dipped into the Non-league for signings.

Given how early this is I wouldn't be surprised if this has been on the cards for a couple of months. Obviously a player immediately earmarked by our new recruitment team.

I know its just youtube highlights but he looks a decent player, comfortable using either foot and has some skill. But most importantly... we finally have our long throw expert to replace Lenny! :winking:

Looks pacey, and half decent at crossing, his highlights often showed him taking the wrong option and needs to work on shot accuracy, hopefully we can improve what looks a good prospect.

Funny to see Gomes get carded in the highlights for bringing him down!

I'm 2 minutes 40 seconds into that highlight reel and Maidenhead's (lack of) finishing is quite something. He's been robbed of about half a dozen assists already because they can't convert from inside the 6 yard box.

From the YouTube clip he has good delivery, gets into the box. I'm often a critic of non-league signings because a majority of time they don't work out but it is and I am excited about this signing.

It makes a change to be signing a player young hungry and on their way up whether that's from the non-league or not, than experienced and on their way down.

Last edited:
Looks like the old West Ham connection of Keen and Devonshire .

Only 22, coming from non-league will be a cheap back-up to Kightly and Macca and has potential to improve. Good bit of business IMO

I saw him score 2 in a 5-2 win last game of the season and he looked quite good against opposition who had to attack but nowhere near ready to play 2 levels higher........yet?

I saw him score 2 in a 5-2 win last game of the season and he looked quite good against opposition who had to attack but nowhere near ready to play 2 levels higher........yet?

He doesn't really need to be ready yet as we have Kightly and McLaughlin. This should be more of a signing for 2019/20 than 2018/19 and I applaud that.

Love that SCP is on the case so early, he might of had him as a target for awhile, but unlike other seasons under another manager, ( I was polite there) he is acting already.

His agent...

Back