• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
We once again thank you for all you do to support these forums. We have to make some costly changes over the next 12 months as we have to change format and will no longer be with Vbulletin after so many years as they no longer offer security or help with us...They moved on to vB5 which does not suit us at all.

We are looking to join Xenforo as I have mentioned before and SBH and myself will look into it over the next few months.

We have never had a change like this, and tbh it is not really our choice, but we will face it head on and will make these forums even better.

This of course is costly and one of the reasons I promote selling things on the Zone fundraising forum, it is not to drive you all mad.

I think it will cost us in the region of £1000 to £1500 (going by quotes) to change it all and keep us as we are, albeit in a new future,above our normal running costs.

I have noticed since I looked at Paypal, there are a few of you that donate amounts to SZ monthly, that is fantastic and thank you that do. Any more are of course welcome.

So here is the crux of the matter, any help you can give us financially with a donation would ease the pain.

You can use the link in my sig or the Green donate button in the nav bar.

These are your forums, not ours, we are mearly custodians of the future of The Zone and it is our job to make sure we will always be here.

John & South Bank Hank.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far and every little helps. So if you can spare anything to keep this amazing forum running it is much appreciated. What would you do without the great DoDTS prediction league, Mick’s ref watch and let’s not forget the yearly thread where Morky enjoys telling us how all the new kits are fugly.

I’ve had the pleasure of being a mod on here for a long time now. It has its ups and downs just like the mighty Southend United we all support and come on here to discuss.

Some say change isn’t good but having had a look at the new forums it can only make this site even better. It may take time to get used to but in the long run it will be for the best.

Thank you everyone for your continued support and please donate anything to keep us going. Alternatively if you have a business or know someone willing to sponsor the Zone get in touch with John as the sponsors help us massively to keep this place going.

I wish to donate but I do not wish to use any PayPal service as I have an issue with their Agreement. Even if I try to donate via the "Donate" button I am asked to agree to their terms. Can you please let me have bank details so that I can pay by a bank transfer.

I wish to donate but I do not wish to use any PayPal service as I have an issue with their Agreement. Even if I try to donate via the "Donate" button I am asked to agree to their terms. Can you please let me have bank details so that I can pay by a bank transfer.

Thank you, I will send you a PM.

Thank you so much to all that have donated so far, you really are stars and keep us going.....We have started the basic build up to us transfering these forums to another platform and on day 1 we are into £650 above our normal running costs for this major change.

All your donations are so much help. Please if you can help it would be great.

Thank you very much.

John/SBH

John/South Bank Hank, when you transfer to the new platform, will you be able to transfer and save all the old threads/history etc, would hate to lose all that as it is great looking back at some of that stuff.

John/South Bank Hank, when you transfer to the new platform, will you be able to transfer and save all the old threads/history etc, would hate to lose all that as it is great looking back at some of that stuff.

That is already sorted.

Back