• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We have started the build from the top of the new forum down, this is all new to us to and a completely different avenue from the current vB forums we have learnt by heart over the previous many years so we are learning anew... The reason the banner is short is because our current forums are not as wide as Xen so we have to make a bigger banner or shrink the new forums width wise.

We will however keep you in the loop all along the way..
v4759l.jpg

We are still short of funds though for this major transition so if you can send us a few pounds that would help us big time.

x

Attachments

• xenforo test.jpg
    xenforo test.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 10
Any questions we which can answer at this stage about the new forums , please ask, although we may not have a complete answer atm as it is a new build.

I think it is better we keep this all under one roof so's to speak , so any questions or queries about us changing platforms, please ask here and we will do out best to answer them, although for now you might be met with the answer..."No idea atm" :winking:

Current build time about 3 months I would say between SBH, Spiff, my man who works for Xenforo,our friend from vB USA who will help us, Tim our server man and me. We would love to get it live for the new season, so lets see.:stunned:

Bit tricky with the new forum set up. People hate change ��
I read pprune an aviation forum and they recently changed their set up. Making it more mobile friendly
Which has been a disaster as the demographic on there (ie older people) were using pc/macs or iPads
Simple changes like having the menu bar at the bottom of the thread instead of the top has thrown everyone .. when you scroll up it just goes through All the previous posts , rather than being in pages
Sometimes there is a bit too much functionality .. I mean all the stuff at the top of the box I’m typing in I’ve never used

I get it, for sure we will have people moan for a few weeks, as you say people hate change, we do, but it is what we have to do....Things will settle down after the initial kick off.

We are making it at as "User friendly" as possible for all our members.

I get it, for sure we will have people moan for a few weeks, as you say people hate change, we do, but it is what we have to do....Things will settle down after the initial kick off.

We are making it at as "User friendly" as possible for all our members.

That’ll never happen on this site as everyone is sweetness and light.

I love the Zone, it's been a light in the darkness for me through some very difficult times and I have met many and made some wonderful friends on here. I don't spend anywhere near as much time as I used to on here, and, because I always use the "new posts" options there are (believe it or not) some threads that totally pass me by.

I get frustrated with some things that go on on here, and I dislike what I perceive to be bullying - but some see as banter - towards certain posters. There's a fine line and it does go over sometimes.

I miss the old days, back around the turn of the last decade, though I know some felt it was "cliquey" - it never was in a bad way....we met up, we had meals and drinks out, we had lots of laughs. I don't think people were horrible to others on here because they weren't part of that group. We even had a Leeds supporter as part of our group then, so we've always been open and welcoming to "foreigners" - even Spartan brought a bit of fun with his posts. Colchester and Proud remains one of the nicest posters on this forum.

I don't think we need to change much, as long as the new platform allows. Just keep on carrying on, providing the best platform for football supporters to share their love, their views, their news about their beloved football club, with an occasional side of political discussion.

It will all depend if we use the default size of the new forums or make then narrower as we have with the current vB one.

Ah OK, if you want a similar wider temporary one like this let me now, I can adjust the width to fit the default size if you want.

xfnwAF.jpg

I don’t know how many of you are statistically minded, but by 5pm tonight the site had been visited by 623 members, and very few of those visitors posted.

It's probably not the best time to be collating data like that. The season is over, and naturally there isn't much to talk about.

It's probably not the best time to be collating data like that. The season is over, and naturally there isn't much to talk about.

Phil Brown, Bilel Moshni, The Cowley brothers, state of the pitch, new shirts, who we wont sign and why not, great new signing till not scored 30 goals in first ten games, England winning world cup on penalties versus Germany

Come on it wont stop people posting

Just a quick idea for post match threads, I think player rating and MoTM nominations could move to a poll thread so you'd get an average reading based on what we all thought and a SZ MoTM. This would be the post match thread replies a shorter form and easier to read through especially if you're on a mobile or just want to get peoples key observations.

Just a quick idea for post match threads, I think player rating and MoTM nominations could move to a poll thread so you'd get an average reading based on what we all thought and a SZ MoTM. This would be the post match thread replies a shorter form and easier to read through especially if you're on a mobile or just want to get peoples key observations.

Don't think anyone should be restricted on how they post on the match threads. Some don't do ratings, which is fine either way. I would rather read other peoples styles and although I might not agree on all their ratings and points if they add something to the bigger picture that's well worth a read and a like.

I'm guessing if your overseas or like when I have bee on Holiday the Post match threads are the best to make you still feel your part of RH.

On that note could the match threads have the team line-ups and subs at the top so we know who were talking about when someone mentions their number 23. And some form of chronological order and separate when archived as it can be difficult if you want to find one.

One of the Zone posters used to provide a system for recording MoMs, player ratings, I think it was called Fanthesis. Said poster has now toddled off to the States and no longer participates on the Zone. I have no idea how it worked, but if anyone out there knows of it and is willing to resurrect it then let us know on here.

Don't think anyone should be restricted on how they post on the match threads. Some don't do ratings, which is fine either way. I would rather read other peoples styles and although I might not agree on all their ratings and points if they add something to the bigger picture that's well worth a read and a like.

Maybe you're misinterpreting what it is I'm trying to say. I'm not suggesting we turn this into Twitter and everybody has to keep their views within 'x' about of character or views should be formatted like this please... If Turner has a great game and you score him a 9, great, tell me why you thoughts that and be as expressive as you feel. If Timlin scores a 5, likewise. The opinions and views are the substance the thread but repetitive player lists with a number besides them, there's more efficient ways to voice those opinions.

As stated in the first post there are people here that login and don't post. Maybe some of those do go to games, they might not want to write anything but they may be willing to answer a poll after the full time whistle because it's quick and easy!

I may be the only one but I think it'd be good to see a collective view of how we saw the game.

Maybe you're misinterpreting what it is I'm trying to say. I'm not suggesting we turn this into Twitter and everybody has to keep their views within 'x' about of character or views should be formatted like this please... If Turner has a great game and you score him a 9, great, tell me why you thoughts that and be as expressive as you feel. If Timlin scores a 5, likewise. The opinions and views are the substance the thread but repetitive player lists with a number besides them, there's more efficient ways to voice those opinions.

As stated in the first post there are people here that login and don't post. Maybe some of those do go to games, they might not want to write anything but they may be willing to answer a poll after the full time whistle because it's quick and easy!

I may be the only one but I think it'd be good to see a collective view of how we saw the game.

I get what your saying but I personally am not a lover of polls as people are to easily influenced by the running results. How for example did Lenny win the POTY 2016/17 ahead of Ferdinand or Cox. Or just 32% vote to keep Turner.

One thing has improved on here is that certain posters no longer spoil the match threads with 6 agenda driven posts before the guys who were actually at the match have even returned home. Maybe a ban on anyone posting until 11:00 on Sunday morning if you didn't attend the match would encourage more reports. Rather than having to answer some two line slag of the team/manager because we lost.

I get what your saying but I personally am not a lover of polls as people are to easily influenced by the running results. How for example did Lenny win the POTY 2016/17 ahead of Ferdinand or Cox. Or just 32% vote to keep Turner.

That's fair enough, one idea doesn't fit all. But peoples opinion being swayed because of others is a matter of their own integrity and can happen just as much in a thread reply as soon as the see so-and-so give that player more or less than I was.

Perhaps in the case of POTY there was some bias towards Lenny? That bias would occur regardless of the form. If I'm thinking about the correct poll, that was started when PB was still in charge, no player was playing particularly well and I think the poll reflected that accurately. Using that today would be taking that out of its context. So much has changed that those results are no longer relevant.

One thing has improved on here is that certain posters no longer spoil the match threads with 6 agenda driven posts before the guys who were actually at the match have even returned home. Maybe a ban on anyone posting until 11:00 on Sunday morning if you didn't attend the match would encourage more reports. Rather than having to answer some two line slag of the team/manager because we lost.
This doesn’t work anymore. I watch every game from the comfort of my home/local

Back