• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I recommend you turn left out of the station and try the Leyton Star........

If Bank, maybe the Jamaica wine house? Big courtyard outside to stand and drink in the sun?

Liverpool street, the railway? can't think of anywhere that stands out around there

The best boozer for Liverpool St station is the Magpie on New St (the side street by the Tescos on Bishopsgate). Lots of outside drinking space as everyone stands in the road.

The best boozer for Liverpool St station is the Magpie on New St (the side street by the Tescos on Bishopsgate). Lots of outside drinking space as everyone stands in the road.

So it's so good that everyone prefers to take their chance drinking in the road rather than stay in it ? :winking:

Williams, just a 2-3 minute walk from there is probably a better shout, they don't do any commercials beers, ciders or lagers. All are guest, and there is always plenty of choice.

Worth the extra two minutes, it's a bit more limited in space, but there is the standing outside option as well.

Williams, just a 2-3 minute walk from there is probably a better shout, they don't do any commercials beers, ciders or lagers. All are guest, and there is always plenty of choice.

Worth the extra two minutes, it's a bit more limited in space, but there is the standing outside option as well.

Used to drink in there in my city days. Does it still have a pool table?

I'm well up for joining some Shrimpers for the Orient game, but drinking in the city is boring if the weather is half decent, let's get out to Leyton and have some beers round that way

Going back to pre season friendlies..... rather than where are we drinking!!!!

Have spotted another two matches:

Thursday 12 July - Aveley [away] 7:45pm
Wednesday 18 July - Tottenham Hotspur [home] don't get too excited!!! Behind closed doors.

others I am sure will follow...........

Still waiting for our very exciting tour to some exotic, far-flung destination to be announced. Probably be Kent.

Probably be Kent.

Oooh! That'll be nice. Plenty of Shephard Neame available on draught and Dover Athletic, Folkestone Invicta, Snodland Town and Tonbridge Angels to take on...... Looking forward to it.

Still waiting for our very exciting tour to some exotic, far-flung destination to be announced. Probably be Kent.

Dartford away already announced.:winking:

Powell did say at AGM we nearly got a game against Valencia so would suspect a lesser Spanish alternative to be announced in due course.

Oooh! That'll be nice. Plenty of Shephard Neame available on draught and Dover Athletic, Folkestone Invicta, Snodland Town and Tonbridge Angels to take on...... Looking forward to it.

Be easy for me to get to as well. Can I suggest Maidstone, with its decent pitch (and former Shrimpers Jack Paxman and Jamar Loza). Or Hastings United which is a nice stadium (although plans to build a new stadium are underway). Or Ashford United (also a 3G pitch, and a phoenix club)

if you want a decent beer, there's loads of decent pubs in the surrounding villages.

Of course, if you want Shepherd Neame, then head to Faversham and Faversham Town FC, whose manager is Clive Walker, former Mansfield full back from the 60s.

Up for the Orient game, anyone know when tickets are on sale and what the general consensus is regarding pre match beers? Have managed to blag a lift, but not clear on safe parking in the vicinity? Advice appreciated :-)

Been a few times now. I have always parked round the local streets with no problems.

(must say Orient is in my top 10 for best awayday).

Yeah, the team may be meh but Leyton is safe enough to park your car, so long as you don't take your Lamborghini.

Back