Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The state of Southend and surrounding areas

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Duplicate.Dunno why.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    I should perhaps have specified the bits of Westcliff that I visited, (both during the day and night), ie HCR from top to bottom,Roots Hall and the area near the Cliffs Pavilion.That also goes for my wife who walked along the seafront/cliffs from Westcliff to Southend and back, while I was at the game.We both walked from the Cliffs to Leigh and back on what was a very hot Sunday.Didn't need to visit Southend hospital on this particular trip.
    You missed the now bad areas of Westcliff at night. Hamlet Court Road area. Valkyrie Road area. The worst is probably Station Road where the druggies come out and dealers from London come in. Police are non existent, only turning up after a crime is reported and usually much too late. The drug problem has reached epidemic proportions in some areas of Westcliff which has seen theft from cars, shops and burglaries go through the roof to feed their habit.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Ever thought of standing for police commissioner. You have all the skills needed for crime reduction.
    Ha! One of my cousins (fairly well known to many on here) joined the force and rose to DI until he retired fairly recently.I'm far too intolerant of authority figures to contemplate anything of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    You missed the now bad areas of Westcliff at night. Hamlet Court Road area. Valkyrie Road area. The worst is probably Station Road where the druggies come out and dealers from London come in. Police are non existent, only turning up after a crime is reported and usually much too late. The drug problem has reached epidemic proportions in some areas of Westcliff which has seen theft from cars, shops and burglaries go through the roof to feed their habit.
    Seventies,I'm not saying there aren't any problems in the Westcliff area these days.Just that I didn't see any myself, on a recent trip over.And (as I said) I did spend quite a bit of time in HCR.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Ha! One of my cousins (fairly well known to many on here) joined the force and rose to DI until he retired fairly recently.I'm far too intolerant of authority figures to contemplate anything of that sort.

Seventies,I'm not saying there aren't any problems in the Westcliff area these days.Just that I didn't see any myself, on a recent trip over.And (as I said) I did spend quite a bit of time in HCR.
    Dick Spooner I presume. He got me out of a few stickey situations back in the day. He's a good bloke and had the respect of most of the dark side. Hope he is well.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    Dick Spooner I presume. He got me out of a few stickey situations back in the day. He's a good bloke and had the respect of most of the dark side. Hope he is well.
    Yeah.Last time I saw him was shortly before he retired.

Good to see that James Duddridge has time to moan and complain about Bercow but doesn't seem to give a flying **** about the state of Southend. Getting worse and worse under him and the council.

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
    Good to see that James Duddridge has time to moan and complain about Bercow but doesn't seem to give a flying **** about the state of Southend. Getting worse and worse under him and the council.
    With a majority like his, why would he.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke