Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Squad Announcement

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Pleased he left out Joe Hart anyway, he's done very little to enhance his reputation since Pep bombed him out of City.
    No arguments there. Quite the fall from grace - first choice in 2012/14/16 and now not even making the trip.

For those who haven't seen it, this is the video the FA officially used to announce the team. It's possibly the worst thing I've ever watched, who thought this was a good idea?

Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

Quote Originally Posted by southendkid View Post
    For those who haven't seen it, this is the video the FA officially used to announce the team. It's possibly the worst thing I've ever watched, who thought this was a good idea?

That is 1 minute 50 of my life I will never get back. If you havenít watched it.... DONT! Itís ****ing awful!

Wot! no Peter Crouch or Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by southendkid View Post

****ing hell i had to stop half way through!

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Seems like only yesterday that Nick Pope was helping Bury get out of FL2. Good keeper.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Too many defenders no creativity or spark. A dull squad for a dull manager.
    "Within 45 minutes, pound of petrol, half a lager, I was in her knickers'- Roy McDonough

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    I think we have been much more creative and attacking under him than we have under an England manager for quite a while

The defenders situation is weird - I like TAA but he's a third choice RWB going for the experience, I don't think he'll be picked over Trippier. He could potentially be used as cover at CM but there are better options. I would love another decent CM in the squad but we're just completely lacking in that area right now. It's a shame Milner has retired because he would have walked into that squad IMO after a fine season.

Starting XI that I'd go for:

Pickford
    Walker Stones Maguire Rose
    Dier Loftus-Cheek
    Sterling Dele Vardy
    Kane

I think Southgate sees Walker as a right sided centre back so Trippier will presumably be the right wing back and Rose or Young on the other side.
    "Within 45 minutes, pound of petrol, half a lager, I was in her knickers'- Roy McDonough

Based on the last couple of friendlies we're probably going to play 3 centre backs so that we can use 2 wing backs, that's why we're bringing so many defenders.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

I think Southgate sees Walker as a right sided centre back so Trippier will presumably be the right wing back and Rose or Young on the other side.
    Yeah I know that's what Southgate is going for with Walker but really not keen to be honest. Definitely not getting the best out of Walker who is ok defensively but a better CB would be great. Unless the tactic is to really split the back 3 wide when we're in position in a deep position and enable Trippier and Young/Rose to really push forward as wingers. Barca used to do this....

Harry Kane named captain

Coach

Kane captain. Great role model for kids, good move IMHO. COYE

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Harry Kane named captain
    Aside from Henderson (who probably wasn't chosen as he might not play every match) who else is there though? I think Kane is vice captain for Spurs so he's the obvious choice after Henderson.