• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Squad Announcement

would liked to have maybe seen JJS,but its about the best squad he could have picked.My biggest worry is the manager himself

In fairness Ozzie, the manager has picked a young side, and its something I and I suspect many others have wanted.
He can do no more, I prefer the hungry kids, rather than the tried and tested 50 + caps, who thought they had a divine right to be on the plane
First time in many years, I have high hopes of getting through and being the surprise package of the WC

I think Kane is a good choice, oozes confidence and goals and this can only inspire the team

Who can forget the forlorn figure taking a corner in the last minute, when we needed a goal

So far cannot fault Southgate, the true test starts very soon

Good luck England and hopefully at the end Sir Gareth Southgate when he defies the odds and lifts the cup

Its coming home, its coming home:happy::happy:

We'll get through the group, second round maybe, but then the quarters will be either Germany or Brazil. Quarters are the furthest we could go.

I would have no fear against either of them Ricky

You know what you are up against, teams like Sweden, Korea, Mexico are more unknown

Their arrogance, both of them, plus I detest the constant falling over they both do, especially Dele.

I don't find Sterling particularly arrogant - much of this perception seems to stem from him having the temerity to leave Liverpool for Man City and being nice to his mum.

Dele - probably yes. But he's got a bit of devil in him too. And what a player.

In fairness Ozzie, the manager has picked a young side, and its something I and I suspect many others have wanted.
He can do no more, I prefer the hungry kids, rather than the tried and tested 50 + caps, who thought they had a divine right to be on the plane
First time in many years, I have high hopes of getting through and being the surprise package of the WC

I think Kane is a good choice, oozes confidence and goals and this can only inspire the team

Who can forget the forlorn figure taking a corner in the last minute, when we needed a goal

So far cannot fault Southgate, the true test starts very soon

Good luck England and hopefully at the end Sir Gareth Southgate when he defies the odds and lifts the cup

Its coming home, its coming home:happy::happy:
i agree with you..lets hope.but GS has not done anything so far as a manager and was awful as our u-21 manager,when at last the FA(fa) let him take our best u-21 players,someting Pearce always "begged" for,to the u-21 final ?? a while ago.
He took Kane Alli,etc..a very good squad...but he done a Hodgson..not only did he not out of the the group,i think he came last.
But like you,he has spoken well...now lets see..
ps,imeven coming over for the Nigeria game,50 years after my first England game v Sweden(and we were world champions!!)

That time has finally arrived where in a couple of hours we will find out who is going and who isn’t.

It appears that Hart and Wilshere will miss out according to reports. I won’t lose any sleep over either of those two missing out. I really hope Southgate takes a gamble and takes Sessegnon.

He didn't of course but Sess should certainly have gone along for the experience.Anyone in doubt should watch him against Villa tomorrow.

I don't find Sterling particularly arrogant - much of this perception seems to stem from him having the temerity to leave Liverpool for Man City and being nice to his mum.

Dele - probably yes. But he's got a bit of devil in him too. And what a player.

Can't forgive Sterling for annihilating our youngsters a few years back!

He didn't of course but Sess should certainly have gone along for the experience.Anyone in doubt should watch him against Villa tomorrow.

seen him a few times as my mate is a season ticket there, off to see him today too. We have to wear white and about the only white tops I have are england shirts (so not so off topic)

What don't you like about Dele and Sterling? Two fantastic talents. Plus this....

DZtqjCaXkAA2iUA.jpg

Ali I a bit of a nob but I don't dislike him, one of my brothers absolutely hates him!

Back