Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greater anglia

Not only have they been a thorn in my ass all year by not having weekend trains to get to and from work, they now want to mess around with my home journey during the week.. disgusting service.
    ďItís Eastwood this time, ohhhh what a GOALLLL... Freddy Eastwood has given Southend United the lead with a goal that any Manchester United player would be proud to scoreĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    Not only have they been a thorn in my ass all year by not having weekend trains to get to and from work, they now want to mess around with my home journey during the week.. disgusting service.
    And yet despite having around 3/5 of the trains running, the season ticket price remains the same

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeyBrown View Post
    For the few months before christmas there were evening works midweek like this. Apparently it was supposed to lead to less cancellations + delays during hot weather conditions, so of course on every hot day recently there's been delays and cancellations!
    It wasnít just before Xmas, itís most weeks including last week, the last train mon- wed is the 21.35

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    To point out it's nothing to with favouritism regarding football clubs. Trust me, it's all been modelled many times.
    I'm sure it's not; Later Anglia are totally inept towards everyone.
    Last edited by Mick; 17-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I'm sure it's not; Later Anglia are totally inept towards everyone.
    Mick, the wheels grind VERY slowly within NR (insert joke here) and timetable changes are planned months if not years in advance. Simply put, the income that GA get from West Ham/Tottenham fans living in and around Southend dwarfs anything we can generate.

When I do get the train down the trains are never full - when I came down for the Blackpool game and drove through Shenfield, the station was emptying with 1000s of Spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by dannypav View Post
    A lot of Rolling Stones fans have complained , but a spokesman for GA said “you can’t always get what you want”.
    Don't "Start Me Up" on that one...

If there is a Greater Anglia does that mean there is a Lesser Anglia somewhere as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    Your poor donkey - can't you speak to the R.S.P.C.A. for some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus Norvegicus View Post
    If there is a Greater Anglia does that mean there is a Lesser Anglia somewhere as well?
    impossible.

Mick, the wheels grind VERY slowly within NR (insert joke here) and timetable changes are planned months if not years in advance. Simply put, the income that GA get from West Ham/Tottenham fans living in and around Southend dwarfs anything we can generate.

When I do get the train down the trains are never full - when I came down for the Blackpool game and drove through Shenfield, the station was emptying with 1000s of Spammers.
    Our visits to Wembley and GA”s plans compared to C2C was simply pathetic

To be fair the GA network is a proper railway.. C2C is a point to point commuter line .. which had huge problems and was totally revamped in the late 90,s early 00,s ? With new signaling and new trains ..
    It’s a far superior product but was a much easier problem to solve
    GA will get there eventually. The trains they are running are decades old.

if possible just get on c2c and see the sea, much nicer way to go if you have the option

Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Well...these changes have been pretty well signposted. I was astonished that the BBC News lead with some pricks from Harpenden moaning about their train times being different.

I appreciate some of the changes may not suit some commuters but they've had plenty of time to ready themselves for it.

My daily train home now leave a minute later, which I guess means another 60 seconds of fannying about on here.

I am! I work in Coulsdon in Surrey so have had to put up with Southern Fail for the best part of five years.

Three trains in a row on my route were cancelled this morning. I ended up having to take a Brighton train, get off at Redhill (the first major station after Coulsdon) and go back the other way.
    Still the 'zone's best poster, according to a reliable source.