Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Greater anglia

  1. #16

    Default

    Not only have they been a thorn in my ass all year by not having weekend trains to get to and from work, they now want to mess around with my home journey during the week.. disgusting service.
    ďItís Eastwood this time, ohhhh what a GOALLLL... Freddy Eastwood has given Southend United the lead with a goal that any Manchester United player would be proud to scoreĒ.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    Not only have they been a thorn in my ass all year by not having weekend trains to get to and from work, they now want to mess around with my home journey during the week.. disgusting service.
    And yet despite having around 3/5 of the trains running, the season ticket price remains the same

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeyBrown View Post
    For the few months before christmas there were evening works midweek like this. Apparently it was supposed to lead to less cancellations + delays during hot weather conditions, so of course on every hot day recently there's been delays and cancellations!
    It wasnít just before Xmas, itís most weeks including last week, the last train mon- wed is the 21.35

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    To point out it's nothing to with favouritism regarding football clubs. Trust me, it's all been modelled many times.
    I'm sure it's not; Later Anglia are totally inept towards everyone.
    Last edited by Mick; 17-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I'm sure it's not; Later Anglia are totally inept towards everyone.
    Mick, the wheels grind VERY slowly within NR (insert joke here) and timetable changes are planned months if not years in advance. Simply put, the income that GA get from West Ham/Tottenham fans living in and around Southend dwarfs anything we can generate.

    When I do get the train down the trains are never full - when I came down for the Blackpool game and drove through Shenfield, the station was emptying with 1000s of Spammers.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannypav View Post
    A lot of Rolling Stones fans have complained , but a spokesman for GA said “you can’t always get what you want”.
    Don't "Start Me Up" on that one...

  7. #22

    Default

    If there is a Greater Anglia does that mean there is a Lesser Anglia somewhere as well?

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterStubbs View Post
    Not only have they been a thorn in my ass all year by not having weekend trains to get to and from work, they now want to mess around with my home journey during the week.. disgusting service.
    Your poor donkey - can't you speak to the R.S.P.C.A. for some advice?

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus Norvegicus View Post
    If there is a Greater Anglia does that mean there is a Lesser Anglia somewhere as well?
    impossible.

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Mick, the wheels grind VERY slowly within NR (insert joke here) and timetable changes are planned months if not years in advance. Simply put, the income that GA get from West Ham/Tottenham fans living in and around Southend dwarfs anything we can generate.

    When I do get the train down the trains are never full - when I came down for the Blackpool game and drove through Shenfield, the station was emptying with 1000s of Spammers.
    Our visits to Wembley and GA”s plans compared to C2C was simply pathetic

  11. #26

    Default

    To be fair the GA network is a proper railway.. C2C is a point to point commuter line .. which had huge problems and was totally revamped in the late 90,s early 00,s ? With new signaling and new trains ..
    It’s a far superior product but was a much easier problem to solve
    GA will get there eventually. The trains they are running are decades old.

  12. #27

    Default

    if possible just get on c2c and see the sea, much nicer way to go if you have the option

  13. #28

    Default

    Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail.

  14. #29
    This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NY Parks Dept
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail.
    Well...these changes have been pretty well signposted. I was astonished that the BBC News lead with some pricks from Harpenden moaning about their train times being different.

    I appreciate some of the changes may not suit some commuters but they've had plenty of time to ready themselves for it.

    My daily train home now leave a minute later, which I guess means another 60 seconds of fannying about on here.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail.
    I am! I work in Coulsdon in Surrey so have had to put up with Southern Fail for the best part of five years.

    Three trains in a row on my route were cancelled this morning. I ended up having to take a Brighton train, get off at Redhill (the first major station after Coulsdon) and go back the other way.
    Still the 'zone's best poster, according to a reliable source.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors