• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Saturday 19th May problem

What are you up to this Saturday?

• Raving Royalist me, I'll be glued to the royal wedding.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'll be watching because it will be on in our house

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll do whatever is necessary to avoid wedding watching

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • The Cup Final, who's playing?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I don't watch the Cup Final any more.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Yeah, I'll watch the game.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
It's bad enough that it's the close season and no Blues game, but this Saturday we are treated to Harry and Meghan's bash swamping our screens and most of Windsor for that matter, then after a quick breather it's over to Wembley for a 5:15pm Cup final with Manchester United and Chelsea. I'm reckoning that Mrs RHB will be giving the Wedding some close scrutiny whereas I would rather avoid as much of it as is possible. Next stop the Cup final. Once upon a time I would drink it all in from the Road to Wembley to the build up and then the game followed by the highlights. Not true these days, I have only a passing interest in that match and no allegiance to either team. In fact I'm not sure who I would most like to lose the game. So, in true SZ poll tradition its time to share your preferences for the day.

I'm on a transatlantic flight for most of the afternoon. Problem solved.

I will go to work, reckon it will be busy with everybody else who doesn’t give a toss about either event.

I'll watch the wedding then we're off to friends for their Silver Wedding Anniversary, where three of the core 4 of the group are all Chelsea supporters so the footy will be on.

2j5nddf.jpg

I'll watch the wedding then we're off to friends for their Silver Wedding Anniversary, where three of the core 4 of the group are all Chelsea supporters so the footy will be on.

Sounds like one of the 9 Circles of Hell that Dante wrote about.

Sounds like one of the 9 Circles of Hell that Dante wrote about.
The other one is a Wet Spam supporter with his three sons so it will be "entertaining"!

Had forgotten I am taking my daughter and her boyfriend for brunch tomorrow at about 11.30 tomorrow so guess I won't be watching the wedding live! :sad:

Donald Trump may be ultra derogatory about the UK and everything in it, but it seems a very large contingent of the good old folk from the colonies is in the UK waving Union Jacks, loving the moment, the royal Family and spending loads of dosh in Windsor today. No doubt the Royals, and Harry and Meghan will now be Americans in the US press eyes. I wonder if any offspring will have dual citizenship?

Donald Trump may be ultra derogatory about the UK and everything in it, but it seems a very large contingent of the good old folk from the colonies is in the UK waving Union Jacks, loving the moment, the royal Family and spending loads of dosh in Windsor today. No doubt the Royals, and Harry and Meghan will now be Americans in the US press eyes. I wonder if any offspring will have dual citizenship?

They fought a war to get rid of us as well. :facepalm:

When they first moved the FA Cup Final to 5:15, I didn't approve but it now it is a different time to the Scottish Cup Final it means we can watch one after the other. Excellent stuff.

Managed to avoid the wedding completely until my wife put the news on early evening. Seems they all had a lovely time so bully for them.

When they first moved the FA Cup Final to 5:15, I didn't approve but it now it is a different time to the Scottish Cup Final it means we can watch one after the other. Excellent stuff.

Managed to avoid the wedding completely until my wife put the news on early evening. Seems they all had a lovely time so bully for them.

Well apart from Posh Spice. She's under obligation not to smile even if Dave gets her boat rocking several times at night.

Back