• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You're most welcome. I just added a link on there as well for you to look at if you fancy having a go yourself.

Yes I appreciated the link. Unfortunately when you get to the last paragraph it says that commercially produced tapes (which mine are) will be copy-protected. Still, at least I still have a facility to watch VHS tapes!!! Nice try though and thanks again.

Anyone remember the 4-4 draw at home to Northampton in the FA Cup, can’t recall the year, but an amazing match!

Anyone remember the 4-4 draw at home to Northampton in the FA Cup, can’t recall the year, but an amazing match!

Yes one of the best I have seen at the Hall. Some fantastic goals from Cadette.

If I remember right, we all rushed back a few weeks later for the league game over Christmas....Didn't go to well for us.

I had either 'Football Focus, or 'Saint and Greavsie' highlights on VHS video. Remember David Webb being interviewed post match in the dressing room and the camera was gradually misting up due to the heat coming from the showers/bath. He was hoping that it would be the start of bigger crowds at RH. The success he had subsequently in a couple of spells actually ensured that.

The Wigan match was recorded because I had a vhs copy. I think I got it from Wigan Athletic themselves, unfortunately it was thrown away quite a few years ago.

This was a great day:

[video=youtube;xO3tzMZRhgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3tzMZRhgA[/video]

Our 4-2 win over Rushden and Diamonds on Boxing Day I think 2001. Cort, Bramble and Belgrave twice. We were two nil down at half time. In my search for the game and goals I did find this absolute gem.

[video=youtube_share;3POKvnz4khU]https://youtu.be/3POKvnz4khU[/video]

Our 4-2 win over Rushden and Diamonds on Boxing Day I think 2001. Cort, Bramble and Belgrave twice. We were two nil down at half time. In my search for the game and goals I did find this absolute gem.

[video=youtube_share;3POKvnz4khU]https://youtu.be/3POKvnz4khU[/video]
What a game!

Yes I appreciated the link. Unfortunately when you get to the last paragraph it says that commercially produced tapes (which mine are) will be copy-protected. Still, at least I still have a facility to watch VHS tapes!!! Nice try though and thanks again.

VHS copy protection only works when dubbing from tape to tape. Copy protection can be circumvented by copying to a computer, as the VHS tape believes that it is simply outputting the media to a TV for viewing. You capture the VHS footage on the computer then write it to a DVD.

The Wigan 3-2 win was definitely recorded as I saw it a few years ago, the tape is well gone now.

I'd go for Peter Johnson at Col ewe as well, but would like to see the 3 Liverpool goals in the 79 cup replay as never seen them.

Southend 2 QPR 2 1975 FA Cup (still waiting on Andy T to work his magic with the regional TV companies :work: )

The 3-3 draw at home against Norwich when we were in the Championship. One of my favourite ever matches at the Hall!

Back