• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
So many great games over the years.

Sadly not many great games or goals available to watch.

Which games or goals would you love to see again.

Who knows, maybe some of them will surface with help from fellow zoners.

I'd love to see highlights of our promotion game at Swanseas liberty stadium.

Last edited:
Aston villa fa cup with pre match highlights ,QPR cup again just for the goal celebrations.....might as well throw in Chelsea league cup early 70s....

1968 when I lobbed the keeper from 30 yards in a Sunday League match. It was my only ever goal, albeit in a pre-season friendly. :smile:

Everton Cup match where we lost 1-0 to a Beardsley goal. Have never seen the Southall save from Benji in the last few minutes on TV. In my opinion the best a Southend team have ever played.

Freddys birthday hatrick at Bristol City. Especially his 3rd Goal, a belter, even had the home fans on their feet applauding:Worthy:

Southend 4 Newport County 2 after we were 2-0 down with about 15 minutes to go. I have never been so hoarse after a match!!! A few of us 17 year olds from SHSB ended up in the Cork and Cheese afterwards for a celebratory beer...

I'm sure the goal at least is on youtube

I have the SUFC produced 1992/93 season highlights which includes Brett's goal against West Ham, again on VHS (after all this was 25 years ago!). I presume there is the technology around these days to convert VHS to DVD? If so I would be very interested because I have a number of these Southend United produced tapes going back to 1989/90.

I have the SUFC produced 1992/93 season highlights which includes Brett's goal against West Ham, again on VHS (after all this was 25 years ago!). I presume there is the technology around these days to convert VHS to DVD? If so I would be very interested because I have a number of these Southend United produced tapes going back to 1989/90.

Snappy Snaps used to convert VHS to DVD. If they still do, and the price, I don't know. This might help as well if you want to DIY. https://www.lifewire.com/copying-vhs-to-dvd-1846821

Peter Daley @ Layer Road. Goal wasn't that memorable (cross from an on-loan Mark Cooper?) but celebration with fans was!

Back