• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
SkyBet are offering money back - as a free bet, up to £10 - on any losing bets on the World Cup winner.

Definitely have to give that a go - I've already had a bet on France, may hold my nose and have a tenner on Germany (love the country, admire the football team, but hate seeing them win)

I've been building a fund on Spain for a while now. Think they've gone under the radar despite dispatching teams comfortably since the Euros. I think one of the top 4 in the betting win it.

I also think topscorer will be won by a non-number 9, either a wide forward or number 10, similar to James Rodriguez who won in 2014. I've had a dart on Eriksen 100/1 and Isco 50/1. Figuring Eriksen takes everything for Denmark, who have 2 softer sides in their group, and Isco could top the scoring charts for Spain. If I could figure out who, I'd also pick one from Germany. Sané, perhaps?

I've been building a fund on Spain for a while now. Think they've gone under the radar despite dispatching teams comfortably since the Euros. I think one of the top 4 in the betting win it.

Always the potential for the drug scandal to finally catch up on them though.

I also think topscorer will be won by a non-number 9, either a wide forward or number 10, similar to James Rodriguez who won in 2014. I've had a dart on Eriksen 100/1 and Isco 50/1. Figuring Eriksen takes everything for Denmark, who have 2 softer sides in their group, and Isco could top the scoring charts for Spain. If I could figure out who, I'd also pick one from Germany. Sané, perhaps?

If you're going for a player from a team that won't go far but could score a lot in the group stage to make up for it I think Bayern Munich's Lewandowski at 33/1 is a decent shout. He scored 16 goals in qualifying (the most of any player) and Poland have Senegal, Colombia and Japan in their group so he doesn't have any extremely tough games where his scoring opportunities will be limited (although I suppose there could be the danger that they'll all try and park the bus). I can see him having 4 or 5 goals in the group if they play well, as far as I know Poland's tactic is to set him up at every opportunity.

I've put money on England of course:smile: had a little bet on Belgium and a few quid on Uruguay :smile:

Lukaku top scorer - backed with William Hill as I'll get a free fiver every time he scores. Hoping for some textbook flat-track bullying from the big man.

Just had £20 on Brazil (free bet every time they win a game) and £10 on Greizmann to be top scorer (free bet every time he scores)

A top team goalscorer Lucky 63:

Sterling, Cavani, Gabriel Jesus, Son, Griezmann, Flores

Hope rather than expectation.

my mate in Germany(Brit),put 10 pounds on England winning the WC

42% of Germans think they will retain the world cup,while nearly everyone else thinks they will reach the cup final.
God help me if they do!!!!!!

Back