Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup betting

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Default World Cup betting

SkyBet are offering money back - as a free bet, up to £10 - on any losing bets on the World Cup winner.

Definitely have to give that a go - I've already had a bet on France, may hold my nose and have a tenner on Germany (love the country, admire the football team, but hate seeing them win)

I've been building a fund on Spain for a while now. Think they've gone under the radar despite dispatching teams comfortably since the Euros. I think one of the top 4 in the betting win it.

I also think topscorer will be won by a non-number 9, either a wide forward or number 10, similar to James Rodriguez who won in 2014. I've had a dart on Eriksen 100/1 and Isco 50/1. Figuring Eriksen takes everything for Denmark, who have 2 softer sides in their group, and Isco could top the scoring charts for Spain. If I could figure out who, I'd also pick one from Germany. Sané, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Museshrimper View Post
    If I could figure out who, I'd also pick one from Germany. Sané, perhaps?
    Miroslav Klose.

I've been building a fund on Spain for a while now. Think they've gone under the radar despite dispatching teams comfortably since the Euros. I think one of the top 4 in the betting win it.
    Always the potential for the drug scandal to finally catch up on them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Always the potential for the drug scandal to finally catch up on them though.
    As long as they wait another 2 months!

£10 (money back sky offer) on France.

I also think topscorer will be won by a non-number 9, either a wide forward or number 10, similar to James Rodriguez who won in 2014. I've had a dart on Eriksen 100/1 and Isco 50/1. Figuring Eriksen takes everything for Denmark, who have 2 softer sides in their group, and Isco could top the scoring charts for Spain. If I could figure out who, I'd also pick one from Germany. Sané, perhaps?
    If you're going for a player from a team that won't go far but could score a lot in the group stage to make up for it I think Bayern Munich's Lewandowski at 33/1 is a decent shout. He scored 16 goals in qualifying (the most of any player) and Poland have Senegal, Colombia and Japan in their group so he doesn't have any extremely tough games where his scoring opportunities will be limited (although I suppose there could be the danger that they'll all try and park the bus). I can see him having 4 or 5 goals in the group if they play well, as far as I know Poland's tactic is to set him up at every opportunity.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

I've put money on England of course had a little bet on Belgium and a few quid on Uruguay

Lukaku top scorer - backed with William Hill as I'll get a free fiver every time he scores. Hoping for some textbook flat-track bullying from the big man.

I've been building a fund on Spain for a while now.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Just had £20 on Brazil (free bet every time they win a game) and £10 on Greizmann to be top scorer (free bet every time he scores)

Quote Originally Posted by Napster View Post
    Just what I needed! Hopefully they'll develop siege mentality but I doubt it.

A top team goalscorer Lucky 63:

Sterling, Cavani, Gabriel Jesus, Son, Griezmann, Flores

Hope rather than expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    A top team goalscorer Lucky 63:

Sterling, Cavani, Gabriel Jesus, Son, Griezmann, Flores

Hope rather than expectation.
    love these kind of bets, go on what is the potential winning figure?
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    love these kind of bets, go on what is the potential winning figure?
    £12.60 staked, potential winnings around two and a half grand. will probably just get back my 20p on Griezmann at 11/8