• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quite easy. 2/3rds of the FF flats are to be rented and the income goes to the club, as well as the Hilton hotel. Less than 50 flats should cover 400k per year.

Ron had promised to write of £17m, so 400k seems good business for the fans.

Has the income from 2/3 of the FF flats and hotel actually been confirmed as going to the club? This is something I have always wondered about the project; the club will need some income from the development to make it viable in the longer term.

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Michael Timlin: "I’m not on social media but I’ve been told the fans have been saying some nice things which is fantastic to hear. You want to be remembered for showing commitment and I would like to thank everyone because I have so many terrific memories. Southend has become my club. Everyone knows I grew up with Millwall as my local team but I've been here so long that I feel Southend is my team now."

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982 4m4 minutes ago
Before the start of every season Michael Timlin would ask for a list of the new youth team players. He would learn who they all were and introduce himself. Always thought that was a really nice touch.

Lets hope, CP has not set his stall out on cheap non league youngsters. Some experience is good to bring them on.

There’s still plenty of experience in our ranks, my friend.
And there’s a strong argument we had too much of it last season.

Michael Timlin shed blood for our team - literally.

Michael Timlin played out of position for our team and never once complained despite consistent abuse from fans who should have known better.

Michael Timlin broke a leg for our team whilst helping us to the final of the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.

Michael Timlin was a key member of our promotion team.

Michael Timlin was a consistently excellent ambassador for our club when talking to fans.

Michael Timlin was the go to man for all of our managers when they wanted to impart messages onto the field during the game in a coherent way.

Thanks for everything Michael, we'll miss you.

Good luck wherever you go next - you deserve it - and many thanks for everything you did for our club, which was in a terrible state when you joined and look at how well it is doing now by comparison.

Michael Timlin played out of position for our team and never once complained despite consistent abuse from fans who should have known better.

Michael Timlin broke a leg for our team whilst helping us to the final of the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.

Michael Timlin was a consistently excellent ambassador for our club when talking to fans.

Michael Timlin was the go to man for all of our managers when they wanted to impart messages onto the field during the game in a coherent way.

Good luck wherever you go next - you deserve it - and many thanks for everything you did for our club, which was in a terrible state when you joined and look at how well it is doing now by comparison.

:clap::clap::clap:

While I agree all that, just for balance he perverted the course of justice by coercing a teammate into taking driving offences on his behalf and did 6 weeks behind bars.

I liked MAF, always put in a good performance and worked hard.

Timlin though... I work in London and it’s not often my work mates know of too many Southend players. Everyone though, remembers that smash of heads, the injury and the superb goal a few days later. That was heroic. Best of luck Timmo

While I agree all that, just for balance he perverted the course of justice by coercing a teammate into taking driving offences on his behalf and did 6 weeks behind bars.

And took his punishment and served his sentence.

Quite easy. 2/3rds of the FF flats are to be rented and the income goes to the club, as well as the Hilton hotel. Less than 50 flats should cover 400k per year.

Ron had promised to write of £17m, so 400k seems good business for the fans.

if it’s £40, £4000 or £400,000 does it really matter. The club runs at a loss, so if we pay rent it just means Ron lends more to the club- money he won’t ever pay back.
what am I missing?

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Michael Timlin: "I’m not on social media but I’ve been told the fans have been saying some nice things which is fantastic to hear. You want to be remembered for showing commitment and I would like to thank everyone because I have so many terrific memories. Southend has become my club. Everyone knows I grew up with Millwall as my local team but I've been here so long that I feel Southend is my team now."

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982 4m4 minutes ago
Before the start of every season Michael Timlin would ask for a list of the new youth team players. He would learn who they all were and introduce himself. Always thought that was a really nice touch.

Now that's refreshing to hear!

if it’s £40, £4000 or £400,000 does it really matter. The club runs at a loss, so if we pay rent it just means Ron lends more to the club- money he won’t ever pay back.
what am I missing?

Well I'm missing something!

If Ron is lending 'more [money] to the club' who 'won't he ever pay back'. Himself? :unsure:

No, it's no "joke". He served his sentence in Chelmsford prison in exemplary manner.
Did he coerce his cell-mates into covering for him? The issue isn't so much what he did or tried to cover up - it's the fact that he did it with a colleague/teammate when he was clearly a senior player and that IMO is completely unacceptable.

Let's not divert this thread too much. He was a great player who gave his all, but some of his decisions (specifically, when it came to his teammates) were completely wrong, and he rightly did time. However, irrespective of his crimes or bad decisions, he was the type of player we could see ourselves in, committed and passionate. He could only play at 100% and he'd always tried the ambitious and always wanted to win.

Superb servant to our club. Not many have showed the same passion or loyalty --- how many in the future will try to "run off a broken leg " ?

I hope he gets the move to his beloved Millwall as player coach maybe?

Well done to all those idiots who abused him during his spell helping out at left back. As much as any player expects a certain level of " banter " - the **** that he had to put up with was unforgivable + unforgetable

this......

Has the income from 2/3 of the FF flats and hotel actually been confirmed as going to the club? This is something I have always wondered about the project; the club will need some income from the development to make it viable in the longer term.

That's what Ron said earlier this month at the Q&A session.

So Who cares about traffic offences. MP's have down the exact same offence and much worse but don't get sent down for it.

So Who cares about traffic offences. MP's have down the exact same offence and much worse but don't get sent down for it.

They aren't hero worshipped by impressionable kids though. Timlin did something else that apparently we can't talk about as my last post about it was deleted. We all know it happened. How can the driving offence and the other incident be a good example to kids?

Back