• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They aren't hero worshipped by impressionable kids though. Timlin did something else that apparently we can't talk about as my last post about it was deleted. We all know it happened. How can the driving offence and the other incident be a good example to kids?

1)Don't lie in court unless you are wealthy
2) Be careful who you upset in life.

Re Ron and the money...

Think about it people. He is not going to put us in a new stadium and then let the club fold, is he? He wants the income.

if he is prepared to write off £17m from this, then the figures will show that that is a good move in the long run. He's not an idiot.

He will be committed to support the club through all of this. I don't think we have to worry, certainly in the short to medium term.

In fact, the most important question for me the other night, was what happens if he does get hit by a bus? What's plan B then? Because he will die at some point, that's the only certain thing that exists here; it's just a question of when.

In fact, the most important question for me the other night, was what happens if he does get hit by a bus? What's plan B then? Because he will die at some point, that's the only certain thing that exists here; it's just a question of when.

He gave an answer to this, his family would carry it on. As a whole, they have a massive investment with a massive outcome.

Getting back to Timms and MAF I feel sorry for Timms.
I can only speak as I find and whenever I've spoken to him he's been the perfect gent, he always has time for the fans. As others have said he's the perfect host at the Players' Sponsors night and will often go around the whole room talking to everyone and always offers to buy those on his table drinks.
He genuinely loves the club and although there have been rumours of him moving elsewhere in recent years he's never wanted to go anywhere else. I've heard he was only planning to play on for another year or so and he wanted to finish his career at SUFC.
I've also been told that just a few weeks ago CP told him he wanted him to stay so either CP changed his mind or RM intervened (if Riggers is to be believed :winking:) and that as they say was the end of that.
All I can say is I will miss him and thank him for all his 100% commitment at all times. Our loss is someone else's gain.

Getting back to Timms and MAF I feel sorry for Timms.
I can only speak as I find and whenever I've spoken to him he's been the perfect gent, he always has time for the fans. As others have said he's the perfect host at the Players' Sponsors night and will often go around the whole room talking to everyone and always offers to buy those on his table drinks.
He genuinely loves the club and although there have been rumours of him moving elsewhere in recent years he's never wanted to go anywhere else. I've heard he was only planning to play on for another year or so and he wanted to finish his career at SUFC.
I've also been told that just a few weeks ago CP told him he wanted him to stay so either CP changed his mind or RM intervened (if Riggers is to be believed :winking:) and that as they say was the end of that.
All I can say is I will miss him and thank him for all his 100% commitment at all times. Our loss is someone else's gain.

Maybe CP was honest with him and said I'm looking to improve the midfield and happy for you to stay, but can't promise much game time.

Therefore, if what you say is true about Timlin only wanting one more season, maybe it was partly his choice to leave as well as he wanted to be playing more

I’d have been happy to have either back as a squad player but fully appreciate that that wasn’t an attractive financial proposition for either.

I'm particularly sad to see Timlin go after all these years and thank him (and MAF) for their efforts.

It marks a move towards CP’s stated desire to get younger. It also marks a move towards cleaning up the reputation of our team - Ranger, Wordsworth and Timlin all had run ins with the law whilst Shrimpers and all have now departed in the last 6 months.

I hope it's not too big a rebuild. Sure Sir Chris wants to put his stamp on things and get his players in, but our form in the second half of last season suggests we weren't far away from the right blend.

I think we beat (handsomely)some very mediocre sides - often low on confidence or motivation. That shouldnt mask the scale of overhaul needed. CP knows from his Charlton days what good looks like at this level.

Quite easy. 2/3rds of the FF flats are to be rented and the income goes to the club, as well as the Hilton hotel. Less than 50 flats should cover 400k per year.

Ron had promised to write of £17m, so 400k seems good business for the fans.

I think you may value higher the value of a Ron promise than I do.

He’s a property developer with a habit of breaking contracts let alone promises.

Perverting the course of justice is not a traffic offence

Indeed.

I think you may value higher the value of a Ron promise than I do.

He’s a property developer with a habit of breaking contracts let alone promises.

Not sure about that. More a habit of not paying contracts. Its looking like another court case in the future.

No-one is suggesting Michael Timlin is a saint and his age is begining to catch up with him on the pitch.
Still, in my nearly half a century of watching the Blues, I have seen few players as committed to the cause.

Also, on the several occasions my family and I have met him at club events and hospitality he has been an excellent ambassador for the club - polite, enthusiastic and always willing to have a photo, sign autographs, chat to the fans etc.

I would personally rather thank Michael for all he has done for the club over many years than harp on about his mistakes.

Timlin: "It's been amazing and I’m just sad to be sat here now saying it’s coming to an end. I've moved my family here and we love living in Leigh. I wanted to be here long term. I wanted to work towards a testimonial and then become a coach here when I finished playing."

Timlin: "It's been amazing and I’m just sad to be sat here now saying it’s coming to an end. I've moved my family here and we love living in Leigh. I wanted to be here long term. I wanted to work towards a testimonial and then become a coach here when I finished playing."

I really do hope he does come back as a coach one day. Gutted we haven’t kept him on!

They aren't hero worshipped by impressionable kids though. Timlin did something else that apparently we can't talk about as my last post about it was deleted. We all know it happened. How can the driving offence and the other incident be a good example to kids?

Question should be asked, if footballers need to show example so should others and TV shows.How many of the lying cheating and murdering characters in East Ender's show the wrong example to kids.

Question should be asked, if footballers need to show example so should others and TV shows.How many of the lying cheating and murdering characters in East Ender's show the wrong example to kids.

They are actors who are playing a part in a drama to highlight issues in society. The characters aren't usually seen as heroes for kids to worship.

Two totally different things

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Tims will be missed by a lot of fans and I'm sure by people in the club. It feels like he's been here for ever. Always consider him a throw back to old time footballers, always committed, always willing to do what ever was needed for the betterment of the team. Never complained and played with passion and emotion. He's a football man, so he know how these things work, must have had this in the back of his mind for a while now. I'm sure he'll play on for a couple more seasons. I'm also sure he knows he was appreciated here. Good luck Tims.

Back