Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Liverpool vs Real Madrid European cup final

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Wherever Ronaldo goes it will be for big money (for him at least).As will Bale if he goes anywhere.Karius's career with Liverpool would certainly appear to be over,however.





    I'm no fan of Ramos's-indeed he's always been a dirty *******, IMO, but it's worth pointing out that no foul was given for this incident.Nor should anything be allowed to detract from the beauty of Bale's first goal or the fact that RM were clearly the superior team on the night.
    My post wasn't about the brilliance of Bale's goal, or that Real Madrid deserved to win. My post was about Ramos and what he got away with. Just because it wasn't given as a foul or an assault, doesn't mean it wasn't. It was so cleverly done, he locks arms, swings Salah around and puts his full weight on top of Salah. Slow motion shows how brilliant he did it, but in a bad way. He single-handedly took out Liverpool's main threat swinging the game in Real's favour. Liverpool were having their best spell and were on top until that moment. So he took action.

  2. #32
    Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sant Cugat del Vallès
    Posts
    24,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    My post wasn't about the brilliance of Bale's goal, or that Real Madrid deserved to win. My post was about Ramos and what he got away with. Just because it wasn't given as a foul or an assault, doesn't mean it wasn't. It was so cleverly done, he locks arms, swings Salah around and puts his full weight on top of Salah. Slow motion shows how brilliant he did it, but in a bad way. He single handedly took out Liverpool's main threat swinging the game in Real's favour. Liverpool were having their best spell and were on top until that moment. So he took action.
    Dunno if you saw the Championship Final playoff game yesterday? Fulham were clearly targeting Villa's best player Jack Grealish and Denis Odoi was rightly sent off for a second bookable offence on him.This sort of thing has always gone on in football.Grealish arguably should have sent off earlier in frustration for a bad foul on Fulham's Tom Cairney,which got him a yellow card that on another day might have been red.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

    But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

    That goes beyond common sense."

    Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

  3. #33

    Default

    three of the four German tv experts said Ramos done it all on purpose.He ment to take him out of the game,which it did(and maybe the WC).That attack,changed the game.The only German who thought it was "fair" was KAHN,the x-Bayern& German keeper,who is not fond of the British anyway.
    We should demand a replay...if not declare WAR and dont forget you Spanish cheats...GIBRALTAR is BRITISH

  4. #34
    Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sant Cugat del Vallès
    Posts
    24,333

    Default

    Ha! Ozzie,never mind, you (and a few others), will soon be able to whinge about England's traditional, early exit from the World Cup in Russia.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

    But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

    That goes beyond common sense."

    Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

  5. #35
    Ron Martins Bitch Swiss Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gods county
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Ha! Ozzie,never mind, you (and a few others), will soon be able to whinge about England's traditional, early exit from the World Cup in Russia.
    I think we have an half decent young squad who might break out of the group stage and maybe kick on a round or two,i for one won't whinge if we fail he's got rid of the old guard which is a good starter for the future.
    .

  6. #36
    Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Benfleet
    Posts
    43,382

    Default

    Shocking abuse on Twitter of the goal keeper, Karius. Ok he made a couple of huge errors but death threats to him and his family?

    I'm no fan of Liverpool, can't abide them in fact, more so that any team in England, however, Ramos' assault on Salah was clear and calculated and deserves censure at the highest level. Wasn't there also an elbow on Karius too? If you're as gifted a player as he is then why do you need to have this filthy side as well?

  7. #37
    Super Moderator Ricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    23,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Shocking abuse on Twitter of the goal keeper, Karius. Ok he made a couple of huge errors but death threats to him and his family?

    I'm no fan of Liverpool, can't abide them in fact, more so that any team in England, however, Ramos' assault on Salah was clear and calculated and deserves censure at the highest level. Wasn't there also an elbow on Karius too? If you're as gifted a player as he is then why do you need to have this filthy side as well?
    Happens all the time, Beckham got them after the 98 World Cup. Unfortunately there are some idiotic ‘fans’ out there. They’re probably 15 year old stone island wearing well ard’s who couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag.

  8. #38
    Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    city of hollesley,woodbridge, suffolk
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    The evil that is Social Media I fear.

  9. #39
    Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sant Cugat del Vallès
    Posts
    24,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    I think we have an half decent young squad who might break out of the group stage and maybe kick on a round or two,i for one won't whinge if we fail he's got rid of the old guard which is a good starter for the future.
    FWIW,I think we'll "break out of the group stage" too (second to Belgium) would be my guess.I wouldn't expect more than 1 game after that though.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

    But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

    That goes beyond common sense."

    Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Ha! Ozzie,never mind, you (and a few others), will soon be able to whinge about England's traditional, early exit from the World Cup in Russia.
    Sadly,i think you could be right....but with no bad luck(or cheating players like Ramos),i expect us to get through to the q/f

  11. #41

    Default

    It's turned out that Karius was diagnosed with a concussion after the match had finished, which could explain why his goalkeeping was so poor. The most likely cause of it was an elbow to the head he recieved a couple of minutes before he gifted Benzema the ball for the opening goal. Unsurprisingly the person that elbowed him was Sergio Ramos.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

  12. #42
    Super Moderator Ricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    23,152

    Default

    Sounds like they’re trying to make an excuse to save Karius, incase Liverpool don’t sign a new keeper.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Sounds like they’re trying to make an excuse to save Karius, incase Liverpool don’t sign a new keeper.
    This is an American specialist not a doctor working for Liverpool. The guy they had examine him has a reputation as one of the best concussion experts in the world and he works at one of the most highly regarded hospitals in America. I don't see why he'd risk his and the hospital's reputation by lying about this. I'm sure Liverpool were keen to release this information, but it doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate explanation for why Karius struggled to save a simple shot.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

  14. #44
    Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sant Cugat del Vallès
    Posts
    24,333

    Default

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ue-real-madrid

    Sergio Ramos gives his side of the story.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

    But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

    That goes beyond common sense."

    Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors