• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sterling

He is a target because he plays football for England, they have been at it for years.

Sounds like your the one trying to make it a racial issue. Dos anyone really care what the Sun think.
Given how many readers The Sun has, probably quite a few.

He got in the right places and had the chances against Nigeria but no end product and seemingly a lack of awareness of team mates.

It's not just this incident though.

Whenever Sterling goes on holiday, The Sun and The Mail brand him "flashy". Rooney and his lot spend half of the year on holiday and that's never the case. Sterling bought his mum a house and was described as extravagant. Sterling didn't wash his car once and The Star splashed that he was spotted driving a FILTHY CAR to training. Sterling went to Poundland once and that wasn't just worth a story to the Mail, the top line opened with the line about how "happy" Sterling is to "splash his cash" on Bentleys, then went on to remind people how much he gets paid.

Sterling's treatment by certain sections of the press is not just abhorrent, it's transparently and demonstrably - and I'd argue inherently - different to the way other members of the England national team are treated. Now what separates Sterling from those other players?

He left media darlings Liverpool for a bigger club?

Fair enough, I'm pretty much oblivious to those rags so haven't seen all that.

I do stick by my comment that if it had been Vardy the gutter press would have had the same reaction though

Don't agree with this. The media see Vardy as this rags to riches everyday man who their readers can relate to.

He's not my favourite player by a long stretch, however, I agree that the media hype over this tattoo is ridiculously overblown. Leave the bloomin' squad alone as they prepare for the World Cup! Why do our press have to try and sabotage everything our sporting teams do?!

Back